I need wheels

t i t o

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My first post/thread here. Im looking for some used Sidewinder ('05 Copperhead) wheels. If you've got a set or, know someone that does and wants to let them go, let me know!

OP
OP
T

t i t o

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bump! Still looking. I've got the stock srt wheels on the stock runflats for trade if anyone wants to go that route.

Edit: I'm specifically looking for painted silver ones.

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, the painted silver ones are repops from Taiwan, not original polished, forged SRT wheels. If it doesnt matter, then go for it, they are cheaper.

Flash

OP
OP
T

t i t o

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI, the painted silver ones are repops from Taiwan, not original polished, forged SRT wheels. If it doesnt matter, then go for it, they are cheaper.

Flash

Are you sure about this? I wanted the painted silvers because I'm planning on having them refinshed in an anthracite type color. Didn't want to ruin a set of polished wheels by painting them as they go for more. Never knew there were different manufacturers for the copperhead wheels.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Flash
Not sure that's correct, I seem to remember JonB saying they were blems rejected by the Viper plant and then refinished and painted. Call JonB for the correct story on these.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Flash

This is actually quite incorrect.

They are oem ones that were not good enough quality that were painted silver to hide the defects. These are NOT knock offs. They are infact Forged Rims that are PERFECTLY good for using on track (number of people already have !!).

Jon

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Flash

Flash and others who are interested in the silver painted or "blem" SRT sidewinder rims:

I ordered a set of these from Jon B at Parts Rack a coupe of months ago. Here is a pic:

sidewinder_blem_srt_wheels_18x10_19x13_02.jpg

My understanding from Jon is that these rims begin as polished, OEM SRT sidewinder rims. Due to blemishes in the clearcoat only such as fisheyes etc. they are rejected by CAAP and sent back to the manufacturer which strips them completely and then powdercoats them the above silver color followed by a clearcoat.

Hope this helps.

/Rich

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you that when I ordered a set of the SRT forged/polished wheels from PartsRack JohnB accidentally shipped me a good set and the set in plain brown boxes that had written on them "Made in Taiwan" or "Made in China." I dont remember which. It was very apparent to me the wheels were of a different quality standard as I inspected them both side by side. Do what you want...

Flash

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you that when I ordered a set of the SRT forged/polished wheels from PartsRack JohnB accidentally shipped me a good set and the set in plain brown boxes that had written on them "Made in Taiwan" or "Made in China." I dont remember which. It was very apparent to me the wheels were of a different quality standard as I inspected them both side by side. Do what you want...

Flash

Flash --

Actually, after reading your post I went to my garage and looked at the boxes; none of them said "Made in China" or words to that effect. The boxes did have shipping information in German, Chinese (perhaps Japanese?) and English so that was also inconclusive. I then looked at the inside of the rims themselves and they are stamped with what looks like a serial number followed by the Chrysler "pentastar" corporate logo. Adding to the mix, there was also a label stamped "Japan." What this tells me is that (1) the "blems"are original Chrysler/SRT wheels but that (2) you are correct that the original manufacturer of the SRT rims is in fact in Asia, i.e. Japan.

Maybe Jon B can let us know who the actual wheel manufacturer is? (SSR, Kosei, etc?). Interesting.

/Rich

Last edited:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In any case they are MOST CERTAINLY NOT "repops from Taiwan" AND They are forged SRT wheels. They were/are manufactured right along side their polished counter parts and started life as such, but due to quality of the polish/clear coat were deemed blemished and sent off on their way to be processed as less expensive alternatives to their Polished counterparts :).

Jon