I think I need a driver side window regulator/motor Grrrr!

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
So the other day I went out to the garage after countless weeks of the Viper sitting in the garage due to salty roads and inclimate weather and decide to take her for a drive. I start her up and proceed out of the garage, the weather is nice for once and move on to putting the windows down. I hear a nice pop from the driver side window and then there was no more movement from the window! I see a lot of other people have had this problem and knew that I was going to have to take the door panel off and inspect it. I get back and take the panel off, remove the cover and the window seems to be on track but the pop that I heard was evident when seeing the line had snapped. I don't believe there is a fix for this and I therefore am forced to search for a new/used window regulator/motor.

I did some research and saw Chuck Tator posted part numbers for the two and MSRP prices :hypno:

I may have to go this route unless anyone else has any ideas. Also, my passenger window is moving slowly and figure I should pop the panel off and lube the tracks for now to help.

While I'm at it, the black panels on the door (stancheon, stanchion? sp) need to be replaced too :mad: