I think my cart is B4 my horse

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received an invitation from the Houston VCA to attend a track day 10/24, and thought this is really cool and I can't wait to hit the track :drive:

My heart said track it, it'll be a blast.......then my head had to chime in :smirk: Hey dummy, you're running 7 year old run flats and have not even had the car serviced yet. I took delivery of my 2003 Viper SRT/10 in July (2,200 miles on clock), it was delivered 2 quarts low on engine oil (I added a couple quarts), and I have no idea of service history (might not have ever been serviced?).

So, the smarter me says, skip this one, get some better rubber, service the car and be ready for the next one :(.........or am I being too conservative?

Alan

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received an invitation from the Houston VCA to attend a track day 10/24, and thought this is really cool and I can't wait to hit the track :drive:

My heart said track it, it'll be a blast.......then my head had to chime in :smirk: Hey dummy, you're running 7 year old run flats and have not even had the car serviced yet. I took delivery of my 2003 Viper SRT/10 in July (2,200 miles on clock), it was delivered 2 quarts low on engine oil (I added a couple quarts), and I have no idea of service history (might not have ever been serviced?).

So, the smarter me says, skip this one, get some better rubber, service the car and be ready for the next one :(.........or am I being too conservative .

Alan

Not being to conservative...just smart! :2tu:

Saxon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least get new tires. 7 years is a death sentence imho.

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be very wise to skip this one, give the car a once over and be ready for the next one...Get some new tires first!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats 3 weeks away. There is plenty of time. Service the car, buy rubber and hit the track!
I ordered a set of Kuhmo XS's on a Wednesday from JonB with the assurance they would be at my door on Monday. I was very surprised when they arrived Friday, 3 days early !

Just my 2cents!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So, the smarter me says, skip this one, get some better rubber, service the car and be ready for the next one :(.........or am I being too conservative?

Alan

Must be a money issue ? Call JonB and you will have PS2s on your doorstep PDQ. Get new fluids in the car, ESPECIALLY brake fluid, and you are ready to go go go !

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of time to get tires and a full service done at a local dealer, come out and join us!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thats 3 weeks away. There is plenty of time. Service the car, buy rubber and hit the track!
I ordered a set of Kuhmo XS's on a Wednesday from JonB with the assurance they would be at my door on Monday. I was very surprised when they arrived Friday, 3 days early ! Just my 2cents!

DONT track 7-year-old runflats...... "Ditch Them Before They Ditch You"

We are back at work, and can do the same ^ as above for you. Thanks. PM sent

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slithr:

Ditch the run craps and come on out to the track and discover why you really bought the car. It comes alive at the track but you need good rubber. With run classes you won't hurt it!

B&R

OP
OP
S

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming my thoughts, I was hoping to hear it would be OK to track it as long as I took it easy.......but then again what kind of fun is that! It's good to know that I could get it ready to go in time, now it's time to check the disposable income bucket. :D

My wife and I still plan to attend to meet the rest of the club, but won't track it unless the car is ready.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang