I want LESS from Dodge...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
LESS WEIGHT!

If we kept the 500HP engine, we could get more performance by reducing weight, through an aluminum frame, and other light weight tricks like the ZO6 is using. And if the output could be bumped up to 550 or more, so much the better.

And if an aluminum frame is too costly, how did Chevrolet make a business case for it in the ZO6? If Chevy can make a 3100 lbs car, so can Dodge.

Remember the words of Lotus founder Colin Chapman, "First, you make a great sports car. Then, add lightness"

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what the REAL specs are once the Z06 is actually released. Looks like Chevy is pushing the envelope - so hopefully Dodge will as well!

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vic,

I couldn't agree with you more. As everyone on this board knows, the Viper is a realatively simple machine. Single cam, two valves per cylinder, pushrod engine with a T-56 trany and dana rear end. Why can't DC take the $$ that would normally go towards things like navigation control and other fru-fru crap that you would normally find on a $85k car and put it into "lightness". Use lack of extras to pay for carbon fiber, aluminum parts, etc. If I could of had roll up windows as an option on my car and saved weight, I would have chosen that in a heart beat. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I actually have windows, I would just rather have the car lighter.

Make the car lighter, add 50 extra ponies, keep it NA, make it look more like the comp coupe. That's all, simple! IF DC does that, they will once again get loads and loads of "free" press for the whole company. That has to be worth something.

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Careful Vic, you might be accused of being a "whiner." :D

LOL!

Hope somebody heard the message.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
problem being Viper's don't have the sales numbers corvettes do to spread investments across...

it'd still be nice though.

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
problem being Viper's don't have the sales numbers corvettes do to spread investments across...

I think you hit the nail on the head there-

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Vic. I want less to. Less bells and whistles and gadget crap.

As for cutting weight they could start with the SRT/10 cupholder. The additional plastic material required to mold a depressed hole in the console is additional weight not to mention additional cost. We don't need that. Get rid of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960