I want to get my Viper detailed (in SE Michigan) any suggestions?

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any places that are known to do a good job around here, that you would trust taking your Viper to for detailing?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had a detaler at last springs MCVO tech day. I believe another is scheduled for this years as well.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCVO Tech Day
Saturday, May 7, 2005
10:00am - 3:00pm

Cost: $10.00/person

Host: Dick Scott Dodge – 684 W. Ann Arbor Road (2 miles west of I-275) – Plymouth, MI

Here is your chance to get a firsthand look at the tips and tricks of Viper maintenance. A Certified Viper Tech will be on hand to answer questions and show you how to keep your car in tip-top condition for the upcoming driving season. Whether you’re going to the Gingerman for Driving School, the Chrysler Proving Grounds for autocross, cruising at the A & W or showing your Viper at the CEMA Show, your car needs some TLC and Viper Tech Day is the event that shows you how.

Again this year, the auction winners from the Spring Brunch at Meadowbrook will have their cars serviced by Dick Scott Dodge and as usual all parts and labor are donated to the club.

Rod Harris will direct the day’s activities, beginning with discussions about Viper modifications, guest speakers reviewing products and services, plenty of garage time and did I mention lunch too.

This year a special Viper “project” will be demonstrated and Meguiar's Car Care Products will be showcased along with product give-a-ways.

Everyone is welcome. So bring your car and see what it takes to keep your Viper healthy and well running.

For additional information contact: Basil Hargrave-Thomas at [email protected]

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if a 40 minute drive isnt to far, Detail Express in Keego Harbor(248-683-8885) is quite good! He has done the cars at the NAIS and Chicago auto shows for several years for Audi, Bentley, (possibly Lamborghini) and works on lots of exotic cars and cars for some high profile people, and my SRT, Miata as well aa the wifes E320 4-matic wagon and Chrysler AWD Town and Country mini van. One of a very select group people i am comfortable leaving my cars in the car of, same kind of confidence i have in Dick Scott Dodge for service.

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only trust two people with my Viper, Dick Scott Dodge in Ann Arbor and Autometric Collision in Centerline, MI. My Gen I looked awesome when I got, but after Brian McCready at Autometric got his hands on the beast, it looked like a million bucks. Autometric has done a number of Vipers from the MCVO. Anything from detailing to full restoration. They do a lot of high end cars including Ferrari and Lamborgini. They have also done show cars for GM , Ford and DCX. Excellent work always. Give Brian a call and at least talk to him. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Good luck.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You and Zaino.

I agree...

If you have any swirls I would pick up a Porter Cable Orbital buffer from Lowers for $99 and get some foam pads and velcro backing plate and Menzerna Polishes (Intense Polish for major swirls and Final Polish II for light swirls)from www.properautocare.com. There is also some great directions on how to use the products on www.properautocare.com and www.zainostore.com. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will give you my # to discuss further.

3m also makes some pretty good polishes if you need to purchase locally.

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do it yourself... its hard to trust anyone else.

Have you had your car out latly? I saw a red one like yours in AnnArbor the other day...

OP
OP
A

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since it's finally getting nice in Michigan, I've been driving my Viper pretty much everyday. The red one you saw was probably me.