I'd like to WELCOME myself to the 10's !!!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats right... after buying 3 Vipers... I finally have on that does 10's !!!

Yipppppppy...

It was a great day at the track. I pulled [email protected] ... I figure not bad for a paxton kit car thats never been tuned and only other mod is cats and cat back.

I'm happy about it.. and it was really cool to meet some other SRT owners!!

Jon

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good goin' ! :2tu:

I'm hoping to join the 10 sec club myself next year :drive:

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations.......not bad with the type of mods and street tires......what was wheel spin like off the line and 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd? That's where I had problems with about the same set-up but with 3:55 gears and a DC Tune.......best time was 10:71 at 129 mph with a difficult time with wheel spin in 1st and going from 1st to 2nd.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats right... after buying 3 Vipers... I finally have on that does 10's !!!

Yipppppppy...

It was a great day at the track. I pulled [email protected] ... I figure not bad for a paxton kit car thats never been tuned and only other mod is cats and cat back.

I'm happy about it.. and it was really cool to meet some other SRT owners!!

Jon

Congratualtions! But not been tuned? That's a Woodhouse install, right?

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, woodhouse does NOT tune them fyi. They change the FMU plates, either richer or leaner, but you only get 2 fmu plates, so they usually keep it safe and there really isnt a bunch of adjustment. So changing a disk in an fmu is NOT tuning. They make no changes to the pcm or the piggy back computer. Basically fatness from paxton (which is better then what they started with on the gen 2's ... which was leanness).

And I dont know who is saying stock Tires, I did it with BFGs, however, I did horrible with them my first time out, and I only pulled 1.85 60 foot. If I could have learned them (found it very tough) I could have really gotten something special. As it is, on the stock ones I had pulled a 1.89 before and on ps1s I had gone as low as 1.79... So.. I dont really think BFGs were a big contributor in this case, as my 60 foots were no better then what I did with stock tires. However, I was using them, so I am calling it out.. I certainly had BFGs on the car.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the time. I can't wait to hit 10's....I'm almost there(I've got the power for it).

I just need tires. If we ever meet up, we'd have to run your S/C SRT vs my N/A GTS. I bet it would make for one hell of a vid :D

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Disturbed,

I get my car back in a couple weeks.. We should meet up since I am really close...

I have the paxton with a water **** kit... 3 inch corsa, stock cats...
DLM Intercooler and pump.. DLM belt tensioner and custom air intake...

Getting the new ps2's on the new 19/20 setup also...

I think I should be able to get into the 10's....i guess we will see...

Either way congrats 2002....
What type of wheels are you running???

Next time you should try with street tires :)

Joe

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool man...I bet the DR's did help keep the car hooked up during the 1-2 shift and maybe the 2-3 shift.........?

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool man...I bet the DR's did help keep the car hooked up during the 1-2 shift and maybe the 2-3 shift.........?

Very Valid point. I keep thinking they are just there for you on the launch. I think its why my mph was 131+ because it allowed the power to keep pushing the car up the mph without wasting some on spinning.

Very good point!

Jon

PS. Disturbed, I'd enjoy it. I know we give each other a hard time, but I like talkin smack, but also like the brotherhood of it all.. If only we were closer together...

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool. :2tu: Any pics at the strip?!

I miss the days of my last Hemi car that I built for accelleration, it was pretty quick.. 572 c.i. / 9.4 L in a 3000 lb car, mind you it couldn't stop worth a darn, not much of a top end speed, or go around corners quick..

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

PS - I'll keep you up to date on the damper developments!

Last edited:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Disturbed,

I get my car back in a couple weeks.. We should meet up since I am really close...

I have the paxton with a water **** kit... 3 inch corsa, stock cats...
DLM Intercooler and pump.. DLM belt tensioner and custom air intake...

Getting the new ps2's on the new 19/20 setup also...

I think I should be able to get into the 10's....i guess we will see...

Either way congrats 2002....
What type of wheels are you running???

Next time you should try with street tires :)

Joe

I'd love meet up. Nov is not far away and I'll be at the track once again. Orlando Speed World has NO track prep. Hitting 10's will be tough. We'll do a few roll-ons and see how they stack up. N/A vs S/C fun run. :D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very Valid point. I keep thinking they are just there for you on the launch. I think its why my mph was 131+ because it allowed the power to keep pushing the car up the mph without wasting some on spinning.

Very good point!

Jon

PS. Disturbed, I'd enjoy it. I know we give each other a hard time, but I like talkin smack, but also like the brotherhood of it all.. If only we were closer together...

It's all in good fun. We'll run sometime. :2tu: :headbang:

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might take me a bit to get used to the car.. But I am definitely game....

Did you go to the last meet with Chuck???

joe

5THVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 2002 gts.. I was the other guy there with the black srt supercharged car there I saw u bust out that 10 I no u were trying all day was looking for u after u did and u must have left.. I had a crappy day but had alot of fun there My best time for the day was a sad 11.72 at 123mph and my 60fts were crap most of them were 2.1 to 2.2 was spinning bad and hit second would spin bad so I lost alot of time there. but congrats I am going to get me some good tires and try to bust me out some tens I no I have the power and I would like to get my car tuned I think it needs it..:drive:

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very good point!

Jon

Great times, I wish I could have made it, you only trapped 131?, how can this be? some 100% "stock" Z06's (actually one on the entire planet) get 130mph traps;) you can see these videos on(along with some sales pitches) YOUTUBE

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 2002 gts.. I was the other guy there with the black srt supercharged car there I saw u bust out that 10 I no u were trying all day was looking for u after u did and u must have left.. I had a crappy day but had alot of fun there My best time for the day was a sad 11.72 at 123mph and my 60fts were crap most of them were 2.1 to 2.2 was spinning bad and hit second would spin bad so I lost alot of time there. but congrats I am going to get me some good tires and try to bust me out some tens I no I have the power and I would like to get my car tuned I think it needs it..:drive:

Actually, I came back around got a few hand shakes from other club guys, and even sat around for a few minutes and relished in the "win." I was looking for you and your buddy in the srt-10 truck, but when you guys didnt come back around I figured you guys had left too. At that point there were no more viper owners there, so I was like.. oh well time to head out... Wish I had known you were still around!!

In any case, thanks!! and I can't wait to see you in the 10s club too soon !!

Jon

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not too Shabby! I expected a lot less of you. :pokey: I'm surprised they didn't kick your butt of the track for not having a roll bar.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mad love for this track. They could care less if you have a roll bar/cage. This is going to now be my track of choice. Screw those fancy Route 66 folks :) Or Grubby "Da Grove".. I'm sticking with Byron !!

Sorry you couldn’t make it out there. Guys in gen 2s were fighting getting out of the 12s and in some cases even getting INTO the 12s. So with you there, you could have shown them rock star 14s as I know your capable of...

Better for you that you didnt show, it would have been complete embarrassment. I certainly would have taken the "triple crown" for our on going competition... I guess your not as stupid as you look.. a no-show I guess doesn’t count as a "loss" for you..

Jon

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being about 175hp short of you, I would have forced you to sell the car if you couldn't beat me. :omg: You wouldn't have deserved to own it.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So that sounds like "yeah, I know I would have gotten my *** whooped, and speaking of my ***, its huge.."

ok got it.. Win accepted!

Jon

UPDATE: oh snap, you said 175hp.. I honest to god thought it said LBS.. hahahah.. cuz you are 175 lbs more then me too !

Last edited:

5THVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya we were still there we were putting more air in my tires was getting to much wheel hop... ya I cant wait to get some tires and I wanna get my car tuned let me no if u find a good place to get them tuned and that is close... I should be in the 10 with some good tires..:drive: :2tu: