idle/ignition issue, any thoughts?

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since last night at about 12:40 am I have been having issues with starting my car and idling. It will turn over but it sounds as if it is struggling to get going until I hit the accelerator a bit. The problem continues at stop lights and in between shifts at low rpm. I tried using my sct tuner and it seemed to fix it for a short drive but I'm afraid that it was just a lucky run since the problem will go away occasionally on its own. I don't want to go to the garage without having an idea in mind as to what it might be so I can avoid being ripped off. Any ideas as to what it might be?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ses light?...maybe vacume leak...got a ses light or not

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahhhh, steve is the wise one here as usual. if that battery is a couple of years old, replace it

OP
OP
D

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea I believe it is time to replace it. Funny that the girlfriend was able to call it and I was stumped. Hopefully it's only that. Any suggestions on a good battery?

OP
OP
D

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update: I don't know if it is to do with the fact I retuned the computer, but ever since I did I haven't had any problems. I used the same tune so it isn't a new tune. Anyone have idea what it could have been?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:
Update: I don't know if it is to do with the fact I retuned the computer, but ever since I did I haven't had any problems. I used the same tune so it isn't a new tune. Anyone have idea what it could have been?
:comp2: this little guy doing this inside your computer