If you win the Silver ACR Raffle Car?

If you win the Silver ACR Raffle Car, what do you do with it?

• Total voters

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you do with it?

1.) drive it
2.) store it and not drive it
3.) sell it to a collector and buy another Viper that you can drive without being concerned about driving a 1 of 1 car

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't win but I do not really care for the color so would sell it if I did.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would sell it since I am currently leasing my dream car and then buy that one.

Bruce

Last edited:

ACRJUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an orange ACR and I like my color scheme better, but I would probably put a few miles on it and sell it if someone made a big offer.

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DRIVE IT!!! It's a freakin' car. You try to sell a 1-of-1 car at a "specialty" price and you're going to be stuck with it. Might as well drive it and enjoy it. We live once.

Can we add option 4? "Give it to Jeff The ViperMan..."

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am torn between all 3. I would love to have a Bumble Bee ACR :))), yet on the other hand I would not mind to give it to Dad as he loves silver and he does not yet have a Viper (never had a huge interest in Vipers - but that changed at VOI!:lmao: He is SOOOOO hooked now! :)). Yet on the third side, it is a one off, so......

Robert

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd give it to the wife, if she wanted it...I like my viper...that's why I bought it. I really don't put much stock in all the 1-of-1 and 1-of-whatever, since most of the time the reason it's 1-of-whatever is some cosmetic crap, like a plaque or wing or color something that just doesn't mean anything to me :D.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd drive it - the way I look at it, it's going to be a $50,000 car (rough estimate of taxes that have to be paid up front, plus it will bump the winner into a higher tax bracket for regular income (plus AMT)). You can't get many $50,000 cars these days that would be as much fun - so it'll be a driver!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd drive it - the way I look at it, it's going to be a $50,000 car (rough estimate of taxes that have to be paid up front, plus it will bump the winner into a higher tax bracket for regular income (plus AMT)). You can't get many $50,000 cars these days that would be as much fun - so it'll be a driver!

I would trade it for your car when you get it.....lol

Bruce

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this alot, since I am going to win.:lmao:

I don't have the space to keep my GTS and the new one so one of them would have to go. I am extremely partial to my GTS since it is modded to the high heavens. So the new ACR will probably have to go.

I am also considering trading them both in on a twin turbo Gen III though, so that 's a possibility. :drive:

:2tu:

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I win...

1. Celebrate my exceptional luck!
2. Pay the taxes
3. Change the stripes to blue and get rid of the black wheels...

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a one of a kind, and although "it's a car", it is too special to drive daily. Sell it to someone who can use the status of a one of a kind, and who can afford to chamois it down with baby diapers or whatever. Then buy an ACR and drive the crap out of that. Everyone wins.

Plus, then you get to pick a nicer color. Sorry, but the bright silver is not even as nice as the graphite.

As for it bringing in only $100k, forget it. You can't buy a regular ACR for much less than that. It'll get more for sure. I would assume enough to at least get an ACR plus cover all taxes.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'm probably setting myself up to get slammed here but I would probably sell it and use the cash as a good down payment on a Ford GT. I Love the GTS that I have but I would enjoy having something different in the barn.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apply Clear Bra, pair of teamtech's and make sure she has regular track time!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'm probably setting myself up to get slammed here but I would probably sell it and use the cash as a good down payment on a Ford GT. I Love the GTS that I have but I would enjoy having something different in the barn.

Yeah, well, trust me, if you won THIS you WOULD have something different in the barn. I have owned two GTS's, an 06 convertible and the new ACR.
And I have some seat time in a Ford GT.
Once you drive a new ACR you will have no problem hanging on to it OR realizing it is light years ahead of the GTS. It's some years ahead of the Ford GT too.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would park it in my collection for at least 20 years and then think about selling it. I have other cars to drive, including a Viper.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would make one cosmetic change. No, not White hood vents, but rather complete the stripes. :2tu:

rafacr5a.jpg

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, well, trust me, if you won THIS you WOULD have something different in the barn. I have owned two GTS's, an 06 convertible and the new ACR.
Once you drive a new ACR you will have no problem hanging on to it OR realizing it is light years ahead of the GTS. It's some years ahead of the Ford GT too.

You may be right. I have not had the opportunity to drive one of the new ACR cars. I've been to woodhouse several times this year but have not test driven a new car - I'm too afraid that i may want one. I have a couple other cars I would like to buy to add to the barn this year and that wouldn't get done if I wrote a check for a new Viper.
After what I paid into the IRS this year I may not be able to afford one anyway;)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Win it. Drive it for a little while, then sell it since the wife says two vipers are enough already. :)

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Light years ahead of the GTS - I agree completely! Ahead of the Ford GT? Not in my book - but that's a whole other thread!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte