I'm just gone go ahead and say it...

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I'm just gone go ahead and say it....

I read one or two lines ... anyway if you have a GTS it doesn't mean it is slow it doesn't mean you are not a Viper purist it's only an extra exotics one might like.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would like one of each, but I always choose performance over pampering. I ordered the lightest version possible, the SRT with Track Package and tiny stereo. If stereo delete were available, I'd have selected that, too.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

around a track that is. and the straight line performance in similarly equipped cars ('base' SRT track pack vs GTS track pack) will be unnoticable

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am thankful for those who buy the srt version to help keep the cost of the gts down ;)

I have always been an american muscle/sports car guy. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of all sports cars from all brands, but no european car has ever given me the same feel as the raw power of the big v8's and v10's from the good old USA. Owned a 3LZ leather wrapped interior z06 for the last 5 years. I had planned on getting another vette until SRT released the new viper interior. The better half likes to come along for rides as well, and she couldn't deal with a viper before.

Thank you srt team for expanding my american sports car option list by giving us so many choices.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Viper Tony its great to be back! I dont get to get on the site too much but I've been following it a little more lately. Looks like I've been demoted to "Enthusiast" and now I cant go past page 1 in the forums.:grumpy: You know I am a convertible guy so I will be waiting on that version. I will be ordering a black on black vert with the track package, I will order from Chuck Tator if possible, if not I will go to Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse. Til then I will be getting a black Gen 4 vert and turn it over to Dan Lesser or Greg Good for some major headwork.

I know SRT had to do what they had to do to keep the Viper alive, especially after the dismal sales of the Gen 4. But you will see me eating organic cheetos with a fridge full of beer I cant pronounce and as a regular on Fox News before you catch me in a GTS. And whats shocking and somewhat disappointing (to me) is that there are several ********* Viper guys we've been friends with and tracking with FOR YEARS and that have endured several if not all the Viper generations...THAT ARE ORDERING THE GTS VERSION IN DROVES!:dunno: I can understand the Audi and Porsche crowd coming over to Viper ordering that European-interior GTS version...but our ******** red-blooded Viper guys? ***??? Whats next? We all start playing hop-scotch before every cruise?

And then I see that some clown has made a SRT Coupe back end to replace the original rear end on the Gen 3-4 convertibles. What are we the Corvette Club of America where no one is satisfied that they have a Vette so they bolt a bunch of bullcrap on the car so that it looks like a transam or a poor mans Ferrari? The Viper is iconic and unique and needs no tampering to its original design. Putting a coupe rear end on a convertible is down right blasphemy to me. If I ever see a Viper with that swapped out rear end Im gonna try to ****** the Viper label off that car. Swapping exhaust systems, cams, wheels, hoods, etc is one thing...but changing the design of our Viper?

Blasphemy.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Haha, great post!

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

there really shoudn't be
Funny post, and everyone has an opinion. Truthfully though...........not much performance difference between the two. Man they sure do drive like Cadillacs though..........:D:D:D