I'm sick of haters including Viper owners

2000gtsgsxr1000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I\'m sick of haters including Viper owners

I went to a cruise this evening and saw a friend that has done business with me and I've done business with him.He acted like he didn't know me (he didn't know I had a Viper). I'm sure he won't do business with me again.This is just another time its happened.I'm so sick of people dissing me because of this car I could puke.I get more women asking about my car than men, which isn't a problem but it shows jeolousy.I've really thought about selling it because of it.I like cars of any kind. I could care less.I don't judge people because of their education or worth. I just like their cars period. Even the club I was in (KC Viper Club) dissed the older Vipers.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m sick of haters including Viper owners

Way I see it, if you own the car because of what other people think of it/you, you're proving the VW commercial right. Love the Viper for what it is and **** anyone who has a problem with it. There will always be someone who's jealous of what you're driving unless you resign yourself to driving a complete POS.

If your "friend" dismissed you because you have a nice car, he wasn't much of a friend, and I'd start looking for friends with a little more class.

My $0.02

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very unusual. I've made more friends and acquaintances since owning a Viper.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since you are from Gladstone, Mo., you might consider getting the following vanity plate: GLADASP. It might change the responses that you are receiving. Then again, maybe its just Gladstone. Where is Gladstone and how did it get its name? Was it incorporated in the late sixties?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Strange, 99% (if not 100%) of the reactions I've had to the Viper have been positive. In fact, just last night filling up at a gas station around the corner, I had a great time talking to a guy driving a brand-new Porsche 911? Carerra (I'm not a Porsche afficianado, so excuse the unfamiliarity with the model/name). He was very cool, we exchanged compliments on each other's ride, and it was a very pleasant way to end my day.

I agree with generally not caring if others like your ride or not, but, between the two options, it is more pleasant when others do. If it bothers you so much that people are dissing you because of the car, you likely do need to go with your gut and dump the car.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had the same thing. People are just jealous. In the beginning I used to let it bother me but then I got over it. People went so far as to say they would key the car if I took it to "such and such." I basically said f*** you to all of them. Just talk! You can't let people get to you like that because that is what they want. F*** THEM!

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wouldn't you love to have an 8 inch radius on an alarm that would unleash an electrical charge equal to a stun gun and then have the remote buzz in your pocket once the alarm tripped.

I'd bet the S.O.B. would still be clutching the jealousy key when you came up to finish off the job.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have said this many times, living in Scottsdale is a different world from the rest of you (non-Newport/LA) guys. Here the Viper is looked down upon in a general sense. The white trash love it but not the Snobsdale crowd. If the uppities raise an eyebrow I just mention that the car plain works for its purpose and was cheap, that is why I have it (the REAL car guys understand my reasoning completely - the rest do not matter).

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He acted like he didn't know me.
i forget people all the time... good with faces, bad with names. maybe he forgot, or deals with thousands of people?

I get more women asking about my car than men
isn't this a good thing?

I've really thought about selling it because of it.
then "they" win.

Even the club I was in (KC Viper Club) dissed the older Vipers.
I'm sure they are just trying to rib you to over compensate or beat you to the punch because the genIII vipers get dissed pretty ********

have a drink & relax a bit, [******] what people think. be yourself & if they don't like you, that's their loss.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fellow Gateway Member,
I don't know if we've ever met? I don't know about the KC gateway vca but here in the Gateway VCA we have alot of great people. If someone from the KC region was doggin on your Gen I, who the F**K cares? Screw them, why do you even care? Your Gen I viper is badass isn't it? Ok thats what i thought. As long as you love the car, who cares what anyone else thinks.
F**K the haters, their only jealous that you have a viper and they don't. I love the attention my Viper gets, and with the good comes the bad, because no matter what someone isnt going to like you or your car, does it matter? You can't please everyone.

OP
OP

2000gtsgsxr1000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Phoenix gts that's too funny about the Snobsdale crowd. We were actually thinking about moving there.I guess you get different reactions from different people.I guess it just hit me wrong last night and it happened earlier in the week also.Ya I'll get over it but it just pissed me off last night. This guy isn't a friend but I've known him for years.I'll see him again in business and it should be interesting.I never once thought when I bought this car it would bring such attention either good or bad.As long as nobody damages it I guess I'm doing pretty good after all.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some of the reactions you guys are getting might not be entirely because of the car. Everyone gets negative responses about their car regardless of what kind of car it is. Shrug your shoulders and respond with a smile might work better than a "FU".

As mentioned earlier, did you buy the car for yourself or for somebody else? If you bought it for yourself then what do you care what somebody else thinks about it?

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am a relatively new on the Forum and found the same negative experience ,especially in the Motor City Viper Club; The Daimler Chrysler employees in the club are condescending to us regular people.

I get repeated comments in the club that real Vipers aren't Silver.

I bought my car for my pleasure am not going to let anyone steal my enjoyment. I did not buy my cars to impress anyone , just me.

Small Minds are Legends in ther own Mind.

Let us celebrate each of our unique tastes and preferences.

Let's at least make the Forum a place where we accept eachother. I am tired of seeing personal attacks on the Forum.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

""I bought my car for my pleasure am not going to let anyone steal my enjoyment. I did not buy my cars to impress anyone , just me.""....WELL SAID

AND it might just be YOU giving off negative vibes...did ya think of THAT ?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Golddiggers .......I remember that time you had all 5 of of those 18 year old girls that wanted you for the entire weekend, then they wanted you to wisk them off in your Lear jet to the French Rivera for the following weekend.

Cudaman :usa:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Golddiggers .......I remember that time you had all 5 of of those 18 year old girls that wanted you for the entire weekend, then they wanted you to wisk them off in your Lear jet to the French Rivera for the following weekend.

Too bad I only had room for one. :)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've had 99% positive experiences as well! The VCA gang I have hung out with have been top notch and a great group!

Hell, even the Illinois Gang has been great! :smirk:

I'm a very outgoing guy though. In saying that, I enjoy the confrontation to those that Hate! :D They usually know alot less than the Think they do!

Other'***** it a bit though too! Might want to lighten up a bit, and try to join in the fun, rather than expect those that don't know you to come over and swarm you with friendlyness! :2tu:

Oh, Silver Vipers rule this planet! So you've got the Upper Hand from the start! :D

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I find your situation unusual as well. I get guys everywhere from young to old honking the horn, giving thumbs up, complimenting, etc... But seriously, why do you honestly care what everyone else thinks? I certainly wouldn't. :headbang:

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

**** it up.
If you're getting this type of reaction driving a Viper, imagine what you would get if you were driving a vette LOL

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Even the club I was in (KC Viper Club) dissed the older Vipers.

Cliques exist within any group, when I had a 928 Porsche the back-motor crowd seemed to think that front motor cars weren't "real Porsches".

Der hell mittum.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ab, i got your back if ya wanna start throwing with chuck...:)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

As far as mixing Vipers with business goes- I don't do it. I'm in the construction industry, where it is sometimes very hard to get paid what is due under contract. A lot of jobs turn into dogfights, with stop notices, liens, and lawsuits, arbitration, etc. The impression of a contractor's imagined wealth can affect these proceedings, in small minded people.

When people see you in a Viper they assume you have a lot of discretionary income, and it colors the business dealings. The biggest problem is they think you are making too much money on their contract, or you make too much money in general, so you must be a swindler, etc, etc. Then they want to argue over the bill, question every detail, or try and withold payment over some convenient issue, thinking that you made enough off them already. Or they think you can carry them for a while on the bill, 'cause you're loaded anyhow, so there there is no hurry for them to pay up. None of this makes any sense, of course, but thats the way people are, and thats the quick, irrational judgements they make. The only way to avoid this is to keep your Viper under wraps around business dealings, and just take it out when you want to have a little fun. On the job site, I'm always driving my F150. In their minds, they think thats "ok", and it ruffles nobody's feathers.

Another young man who posts here had trouble when taking his Viper out clubbing. There is another scenario that leads to trouble.

Its a shame that people are the way they are, (jealous, biased, spiteful), but you can't change the world, the best you can do is to stay away from situations where a nice car polarizes people's thoughts negatively.

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have a hard time believing anyone in the KC Club disrespected you because of your GenII Viper. The majority of "active" club members (myself included) have GenII's. If you have had an incident with a particular member -- so be it. A few can be a bit callous though usually with no ill-will. But I cannot imagine a group of people with cars very similiar to yours making fun of yours. If they are looking down on older cars than I am right there with you. Furthermore, I have seen your car and as I recall it looks nice.

As far as the other chuckle-head who was bothered by your car--let him go elsewhere and take his chances with another craftsman. You obviously wont starve at the loss (or retention) of his business.

For what it is worth I will do business with you despite your car... :eek:

Kurt

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

First, I can tell you one thing the KC Viper club as a whole does not "diss" anyone because of there car. I have a 93 Viper and am accepted by the KC Viper Club with open arms. There's really not a better group of car guys and gals out there. We really are as close to a family as you can get. I hope you come to another meeting to find this out for yourself.

Secondly, I don't know what you do to get these kinds of reactions from people. I have had nothing but positive reactions to my car. In fact my car helps start up conversations that in turn makes me new friends every day.
:2tu:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My gawd man, you gotta be kidding. Comments like that are friendly jabs.
Yeah, I rib one of our local members about his "shiny primer" Viper. Its only meant in fun, just as his comments about my car are meant. :cool:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My gawd man, you gotta be kidding. Comments like that are friendly jabs.
Yeah, I rib one of our local members about his "shiny primer" Viper. Its only meant in fun, just as his comments about my car are meant. :cool:

But don't you have one of the Vipers with those girlish Connelly interiors? :)

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

When people see you in a Viper they assume you have a lot of discretionary income, and it colors the business dealings.

This reminds me of the time a contractor was giving me a quote on some concrete work. I was negotiating hard and after some back and forth bargaining, he finally came over to do the final deal. I was out at the time and got a call that the contractor was at home waiting for me. As soon as I drove up in the Viper, I got out, shook his hand and said, "I guess negotiating is out of the question now, huh?" :)

Some people are loaded and have discretionary funds but some of us aren't. We can eventually afford the little luxuries in life because we gave up other things, were patient and know how to hold onto our money instead of spend it on frivolous things. Sometimes I resent when peope think I'm loaded because of my car. I knew what I wanted and worked hard to get it. Some people just don't get it and to those, I say "****'em".

Let them think what they want to. I get to drive a Viper in the meantime :2tu:

Santo