Important Virus Alert

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've recieved three of those (or ones like them) since Saturday. Sure enough, Norton Antivirus recognized them right away. At least it isn't just me...

pissed.gif

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't open anything that has this either...it's another "worm" type virus...

"Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks" it has an attachment.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I screwed up and opened the d**n thing and then deleted it (sounded like it came from someone I know). Sent emails of my kids homework all over the place (nothing critical on this machine) and I'm sure to some of you (my apologies). When I went to check Norton AntiVirus it showed that my subscription had lapsed! When I try to call the 800 number to re-subscribe it is busy! Anything I can do in the interim, short of shutting down the computer? (will do this in 30 minutes, if I don't get a response). Thanks and sorry

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I got it over the weekend too... I was wondering where it came from...Good thing I don't open attachements in Email unless I know the source...

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, as you all have said, THIS IS FOR REAL !!
My wife on her computer received it WORD FOR WORD
"Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks"

She had sense enough not to open it as Your warning here gave us the text.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got this e-mail this AM. Fortunately, the server at work "killed" the e-mail before I could view/open it. Hope everyone reads this before opening!!!

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too!

I don't like worms or viruses, only snakes!

Thanks for posting this here (and not off-topic or I may have never clicked on it and been alerted).

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got 2 in 2 days. ONE GOOD TIP.... if your Norton or MCAfee virus scan has an audible alert when it finds a virus...MAKE sure that you have your speakers on after you boot up. It will get your attention real fast.

Thanks, Dave

Sam Vipeme Brasile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just finally got rid of that stupid virus, this happened to me last week. All I have to say it's nasty, had to upgrade my Norton's Anti-virus. I did recognized the sender and opened tha d*** attachment.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny that you mention this, because I just got ANOTHER one emailed to me from a person, after recieving one last night too!

I NEVER, repeat, NEVER open an email if it's from someone I do not know. It just saved me from that virus too!
When I get an email from an unrecognized source, it goes straight into the recycle bin.
It'll save your a$$...

gerald

p.s.
I just recieved another one!!! this one is from a Mexican customer of mine.. CHECK IT OUT! LOL!

Hola como estas ?

Te mando este archivo para que me des tu punto de vista

Nos vemos pronto, gracias

mrviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was plagued with it Monday. It went through my documents like an Idaho wildfire! We just got it fixed yesterday with Norton anti-virus. If people that send these would spend more time working hard to improve their lives instead of screwing up other peoples' it would make life a whole lot easier!

Have a GEAT DAY!

Eric Lee
Latham Motors
The Viper and Prowler Giant!

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it also. It only seems to have sent email to other Viper folks. I don't get it. It affected Wsock32.dll which has to be present to run windows. My home computer is down until I get it taken care of. I wish I would have read this thread before I started deleting files. Geesh.

PS. I hope you guys didn't accidentally get mailed all those naked pictures of those models that I have on my computer. hee hee

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it twice last night. Thanks to those who posted warnings about this virus; I did open the attachment but sent a message to sender requesting an explaination. No reply!

People that initiate these sort of devious acts should literally have the livin $hit kicked out of them.

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's interesting I also just deleted the same e-mail this morning and have had the same header from two different people that I don't know.. It seems that folks who frequently post on the Viperclub message board may be a target??

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm up to 7 now. The funny thing is that I don't know any of these people. It makes me wonder why they have me in their Address Book. One came from Sam, so at least I know how he got my address...