Improving Look of My Engine Compartment (Pic)

Reaction score
here is a few boss we did for some customers, I have since given all this over to the wife that does the hydro imaging, but if you need somehting we can probably get it rolling, I have a II in the shop now we are clutching we may be able to go off of

Attachments

• 100_1298.jpg
    100_1298.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 25

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive thought about this for a wile. I did not like the stock pulleys so swapped them all out for the polished billet ones, to be honest you cant really see them all with the hood open. The stock air box is pretty fugly in my opinion.
I have the BTR cone air filters and Chrome tubes, but I believe unless the filters are shielded from the engine you will loose BHP due to the filters sucking in hot air from the engine bay.
One thing I don't like is the Black throttle wire going across the intake manifold. I am going to contact a company near me to find out if they could change the sleeving to Red.
Another thing I was thinking of is polishing the aluminum cross brace in front of the engine?
I also do not like the Black rubber tubes for the vacuum lines on the front of the intake manifolds or the tubes that vent the rocker boxes.
Tonys write up on oil catch cans and kits is great. I have the first kit that Tony mentioned, but am tempted to get the latter one as it looks much better.
Im a big fan of Aeroquip fittings and braided hoses, but it can look cheesy if its just sleeving over existing tubes?
Another thing that could be done is to chrome the black water rail along the side of the cylinder head?
I did see a pic of a stock air box cover painted red, which I thought looked quite good?
Belanger headers normally come coated in silver, but I guess you could always get them done in another colour? White?

Ive got lots of ideas but just never seem to have enough time to carry out all the mods in one go :)
Cheers Mark

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dennis> It isn't that I show the car alot and care much what the judges think, it is more about what I think. I felt the engine compartment looked pretty good, spent a number of hours detailing it for the show. I guess I was disappointed that it didn't get a better score....but, I'm not going to go out and spend a ton on the engine just for a show here and there. I do like the look of billet or stainless pieces, as I feel that add to the look without being in your face like chrome has a tendency to do. But, yes, for the record I do want to show the car some more.

I have added all the billet engine pieces that i know about - Oil cap and dipstick handle from MGW and billet airbox knobs from Dave's Big Brakes. I do know about the power steering bracket and pulley, just haven't gotten to it yet.

I have read some good suggestions here and am incorporating them as I can.

I want the car to look as good as it can for me and I just feel the engine compartment just isn't there yet.

Tony, thanks for the offer. I did find a few billet pieces that were offered for Gen III/Gen IV and will let you know when I find them again...but I think one was a billet master cylinder cap, very similar to the oil cap offered by MGW (Sneaky Pete design).

Here is a page from Billet Technology's offerings for the Dodge Challenger:
http://www.custombilletstore.com/category_s/136.htm

And, here is a picture of a radiator cap:
You must be registered for see images attach

Similar pieces would be nice for master cylinder cap, washer fluid cap (see Billet Technologies page), etc.

Clearly, this is not for everyone....but I do like the look of billet as long as it's used tastefully,

Anyway, thanks all!

Not trying to be a smart ass. Just my observation from a couple of shows where the owners of the classics were older than their cars, seemed like these shows are rigged. Mine and my buddies vipers were the only ones and truthfully the same people kept winning show after show. But then on the other note went to a corvette club show and got a judges choice award in a separate class. Just whatever your do with your car do not overdo it. Like you see viper store ads with their crap addons, make the car look absolutely cheesy.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to be a smart ass. Just my observation from a couple of shows where the owners of the classics were older than their cars, seemed like these shows are rigged. Mine and my buddies vipers were the only ones and truthfully the same people kept winning show after show. But then on the other note went to a corvette club show and got a judges choice award in a separate class. Just whatever your do with your car do not overdo it. Like you see viper store ads with their crap additions, make the car look absolutely cheesy.
I completely agree with this, GREAT POST.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, do agree with the "rigging" bit, Dennis, but enjoy the day at the show with my son (or daughter) so all's good.

Also, the Viper Store "stick on" chrome or polished stainless stuff is definitely cheesy to me as well. At the last show, there was a Corvette with tons of that stuff in his engine compartment... definitely the ugliest there!

Mark, I like your ideas and have thought of some of them as well when looking at my engine compartment. Time is definitely an issue, so I do what I can when I can. :) I'd add to your list, the accelerator cable bracket on top of the intake manifold that is currently black.

Tony, nice stuff....I see some things that I think a number of Gen I/II owners would like. If I'm looking correctly, in photo #3, you have a windshield washer cap and possibly a brake fluid reservoir cap both which could easily have a Gen I/II "Sneaky Pete" logo.

Great postings by everyone....thanks very much!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, do agree with the "rigging" bit, Dennis, but enjoy the day at the show with my son (or daughter) so all's good.

Also, the Viper Store "stick on" chrome or polished stainless stuff is definitely cheesy to me as well. At the last show, there was a Corvette with tons of that stuff in his engine compartment... definitely the ugliest there!

Mark, I like your ideas and have thought of some of them as well when looking at my engine compartment. Time is definitely an issue, so I do what I can when I can. :) I'd add to your list, the accelerator cable bracket on top of the intake manifold that is currently black.

Tony, nice stuff....I see some things that I think a number of Gen I/II owners would like. If I'm looking correctly, in photo #3, you have a windshield washer cap and possibly a brake fluid reservoir cap both which could easily have a Gen I/II "Sneaky Pete" logo.

Great postings by everyone....thanks very much!

Try carbon fiber trim for a windshield . Expensive but classy

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try carbon fiber trim for a windshield . Expensive but classy

I also have a stainless steel tube instead of ugly black mushy radiator return hose....looks really good. I bought my car like this, not sure who makes it, or you can have a muffler shop fabricate it for you. Another idea under your belt.:D
Ps and do gold plate the rest:lmao::lmao::crazy2: just busting your b......ls