In GTS, is it normal to have wind noise coming from the window at 60 mph?

SF Final 286

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<font color="red"> This is in a GTS.
It sure is irritating to have wind noise at relatively low speeds.
Shoud I have it fixed under the warrenty? </font>

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot my 96 GTS had side windows.

Mine are always down...but I did have them up once just to see and I didn't have any noise.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it depends on your tolerance level. I hear wind noise, more that I'd like for a 70K car, but than again, it's a Viper... You learn to live with it's idiosyncrasies...

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: In GTS, is it normal to have wind noise coming from the window at 60 mp

Pete the ex glass guy here again. Can you believe this? Third post in a week. Wow. Anyway, no, the wind noise isn't "normal", but wind noises are usually fixed by moving the door glass slightly either forward or pitched inward toward the rubber. Both of these adjustments can be done by a Viper tech usually with good results. My 98GTS had a wicked wind noise on the passenger side and moving the glass forward just a teeny bit took care of it. If you want to try to isolate a wind noise, here's a well-known trick: Get some tape......something that sticks but isn't TOO sticky, and apply it to the outside of the car where you think the noise might be coming from.....and only use about a four inch piece. Go for a ride and if the noise is still there, move the tape to another area. Do this until you have isolated the cause of the noise and you'll have the spot that needs attention. Pete

OP
OP
S

SF Final 286

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks guys, I'll try the tape trick. I must admit I am very picky re: the wind noise. :p

Sean 96 McViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My car is loud as hell at 60 MPH...
Oh wait, my car doesn't have windows, they have been sitting on the shelf in my garage for the past two years... sorry.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey, 286..the FE Registry guy just told me our cars are fraternal twins, both having the same build date. - Guess the numbering wasn't sequential as they built them if I'm FE 065.

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get wind noise at 40 mph. Doensn't bother me. What do you expect from an American car?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc