In search of RT/10 Hardtop with SCOOP

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want the hardtop from this picture...

http://www.heffnersperformance.com/picture3b.html

Does anyone know who sells them? I know this scoop looks better on GTS, but I unfortunately, own an RT/10. When I saw this picture I was real happy to know it came in hardtop form for RT/10 as well. So does anyone know where to get something like this, have any opinions on this accessory, and perhaps know if it has any ups or downs aerodynamically? Im sure its atleast 95% for show, but if there is 5% functionality to it, Im sure I can talk myself into it.

=D

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most you will find are not at all functional, only for looks. Autoform and I think Vipermania both have completely done scooped tops or you can buy a scoop and have it installed by a body shop.

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Vipermania hardtop with the integrated scoop. In my humble opinion, it looks insanely incredible. I delt with Bruce Venable and had it painted there as well with the 96 silver stripe scheme and it was fantastic. Bruce told me it is possible to make it funcional as well by putting some holes in it. You might want to give him a call, his number is in the classifieds section. See if you can get a VCA membership discount (more reason to join), trade in your current hardtop (if you have one) and if you need windows I'm sure he'll cut you a deal on it as well. I think jonb at Partsrack also sells Vipermania products.

Well worth it.

Anyone want to host a pic display it, let me know.

-J

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That roof in that picture is a ViperMania. I've seen the car in person before and talked to the owner. Especially since you have a Gen II, the scoop will accent your NACA duct nicely.

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I unfortunately, own an RT/10.

Chris, don't apologize -- you have the best of both worlds. I would gladly give up a few top end MPH for a 90MPH cruise under a full moon on a crisp fall evening.

More importantly, women like them better :smirk: .

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I unfortunately, own an RT/10.

Chris, don't apologize -- you have the best of both worlds. I would gladly give up a few top end MPH for a 90MPH cruise under a full moon on a crisp fall evening.

More importantly, women like them better :smirk: .

I think Cliff and Chris should post pics of their RT's. ;)
Oh and by the way Chris, I dont mind taking that unfortunate RT off your hands. :D

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love to post pics but nowhere to host.... :mad:

You can just put the pics in your gallery. If you dont want to do that, you can just e-mail thme to me and I will post them for you? :)

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the first pictures ever posted of my car. Hope you guys like them.

36896roofscoop.jpg

36896roofscoop1.jpg

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DEFINATELY like it!!!!.... You just improved your looks, ride, comfort, visibility and RESALE value....I'd say thats "money well spent"....Sorry if I sound biased......ButI am!!....:)

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Biff!

I am going to go out to some nice area sometime and take some good quality pictures for Bruce sometime. If you would like them as well, let me know!

-J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine