incorrect 998 and filter removal

Lemon_Twist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there. I did a search and look through of all the 998 stuff but still have one unanswered question after reading. Has anyone ever actually been able to extract and install an oil filter on a car that has a f'ed up gusset install? Just wondering whether or not there is room to slide the old one out and a new one in through the side, with the rf wheel removed. All of the competent techs I read about are located way away from me, so just looking at a little stopgap until I can get things rectified with frame gussets.

Thanks!

Rod

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can cut the gusset out of the way untill you can get it fixed correctly.Use a sawzall or some thing like it to trim close to the frame rails so you can get the filter out.
Where are you located?

OP
OP
L

Lemon_Twist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom

I'm located in Windsor, ON. Right next to Detroit, MI. Unfortunately, incorrect install was done at a dealership back in Warwick, RI, where the car was purchased. I know the shop manager at the local dealer here from my days at Chrysler Canada. I'll see if either of his two Viper techs is well versed in this procedure.

Thanks

Rod

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those gussets are so thick I cannot see using a saws-all to cut them. Drill out the rivets and remove the whole plate (mine are not welded). Other than thay you are pretty screwed.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need to take it to Dick Scott Dodge in Plymouth MI. They have done quite a few repairs on incorrect installs. Mine included.....

BTW, the service manager's name is Rod....:)

OP
OP
L

Lemon_Twist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need to take it to Dick Scott Dodge in Plymouth MI. They have done quite a few repairs on incorrect installs. Mine included.....

BTW, the service manager's name is Rod....:)

Thanks for the info. Plymouth is about a 20-30 minute drive for me so not a bad option at all if I need to go stateside for the work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960