Increase Horsepower

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you guys assist me on this.
I would need a complete list of things to increase the horsepower on my mamaba.
I want to take this bad boy upto 1000+hp.
I need a list of all items and possibly who sells them as well.
I would really appreciate the info on this.

thanks all.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? Your stock mamba was able to take out a Lambo Murcielago ;) isn't that enough :laugh:

On a serious note, for 1000 hp, there are only a couple of routes you could take. Send it to one of the major tuners for a 30,000 + turbo upgrade plus engine rebuild OR go the Supercharger route with an engine rebuild. You could also do a stroker motor which will cost lots of money, plus a big shot of gas. This will give you the most torque gains. I would go the turbo route if you are serious about 1000 hp. good luck.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Come on guys. I don't see anyone making a complete list for him. Don't make him ask twice.

I will start the list.

1. Exhaust

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys. I don't see anyone making a complete list for him. Don't make him ask twice.

I will start the list.

1. Exhaust
2. body kit

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
1000 hp is attainable, but only through one of our VERY talented aftermarket performance gurus.

The question that everyone would want to ask is....

What the heck would you possibly do with all that power? It's hard to hook up with 500hp!

Consider a Paxton, or Roe SC, for ..ahem ... a modest kick in HP first (you'd be close to 700 with one of those babies!), and you'll be able to research TRACTION before going any deeper.

OP
OP
M

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys for all the quick info.
I am going to definetly look into all options before i jump the gun.
Hope to see you all at the next track meet.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mamba55,

Without knowing your background or what you are accustomed to, I'd suggest you ride in a Paxton equipped SRT-10 with no other mods. 650 rwhp in a good driver's hands with sticky tires like drag radials will scare most grown men. If you like it and can handle it - go for it, but it's a bunch of power.

OP
OP
M

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viper x
thanks for the heads up on that.
I will definetly look into it.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This link should give you a pretty good idea of what's involved to do it right:

http://www.4redlinemotorsports.com/twinturboviper.html

I've called RMS couple times and nobody answers the phones.
I remember RMS in getting involved in fake Belanger header GP. I might be wrong though.
Nevertheless, they do not answer phones, nor reply e-mails.

They work on my car. They work on quite a few other Vipers I know of here in the area. I've got no complaints. He's done good work on my car. The RMS owner is a long-time Viper driver. I heard the story on the Belanger headers. Redline was going to offer them at a group discount. A large supplier found out about it and convinced Belanger to cut Redline off because of concerns about Redline undercutting prices. Belanger decided not to supply Redline for the group buy. To my knowledge, nobody lost money on the aborted transaction.

OP
OP
M

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kai SRT 10
this is exactly what i am looking for a little pricy but it will be worth it. I will most likely not do this in the summer time for i want to enjoy the car and get a good feel for the car at the same time.
but this car will have the package for sure once winter hits. thanks for the site it was very helpful.

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call Doug Levin in Miami and he'll tell you want you need and what it will cost if you want to go the S/C way. But you do have to figure out first why you want to do it. Bragging rights? Better times at the drag strip? Whatever you decide, don't take the car in until ALL the parts are in. I know guys that have gone without there cars for 8 months waiting around for parts or people working on their parts to finish them.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello folks;

Ever since the SRT-10 came out, we've had folks who are just plain... uh, rude on the VCA forum.

You fellow Viper owners know that new member are coming in. Why jump on them? I mean, Mamba has pic's up, etc. Why be critical? So what if this member would like to have 1,000 HP? If it's not your thing, well, that's OK.

So, please keep the harsh stuff out of the picture until you really know something. Hell, I'm from IOWA. What do I know about Viper's? Not as much as many of you. I do, however, like to learn and have asked many questions over the years. Some, I am sure, were not researched well enough by me.

Just my 2 cents. But hey, WE are a club... and a good one too!

Jim W.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This link should give you a pretty good idea of what's involved to do it right:

http://www.4redlinemotorsports.com/twinturboviper.html

I've called RMS couple times and nobody answers the phones.
I remember RMS in getting involved in fake Belanger header GP. I might be wrong though.
Nevertheless, they do not answer phones, nor reply e-mails.

They work on my car. They work on quite a few other Vipers I know of here in the area. I've got no complaints. He's done good work on my car. The RMS owner is a long-time Viper driver. I heard the story on the Belanger headers. Redline was going to offer them at a group discount. A large supplier found out about it and convinced Belanger to cut Redline off because of concerns about Redline undercutting prices. Belanger decided not to supply Redline for the group buy. To my knowledge, nobody lost money on the aborted transaction.

I don't know the details of what happened so I won't judge them. I just did a search on Belanger headers and came accross the Belanger GP fraud thread.
Do you know why they don't answer phones and e-mails. I'm really interested in their twin turbo kit http://www.4redlinemotorsports.com/twinturboviper.html
For $15,999.00 it seems like a good deal. And they have hit 1,020 RWHP with this kit on a forged 505 stock cid.
Is there a number besides 970-221-4805? How do you get a hold of them? You can PM me too.

ART