Indoor Go Karting Fredericksburg April 10th @ 1 pm

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still pending. Just got back from another underway and it is really starting to take everything out of me so I am not sure that I am prepared to do a 2.5 hour drive.

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't a bad route. Traffic shouldn't be too bad, but they did just build a new Wal Mart and Lowes out there once you get near GEICO. Other than that short area you should be relatively traffic free. I could also meet you guys somewhere near there and lead you in if you like. That will keep you from driving around Central Park looking for the place.

Do you guys want to hook up in Leesburg again and take the 15/17 down like last year?

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although it's a bit out of my way, I'll meet up in Leesburg. I've been to that building when it was an ice rink. I remember how to get back there.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's meet at the TGIF adjacent to the outlet mall. 11:30?

Should we move it up to 11:00 AM to a lot plenty of time? We may want to stop it also will allow for anyone (cough...cough) that may be running a few minutes behind.

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may try to find you guys around that new WalMart and lead you in. The address is 11 Village Parkway, Fredericksburg, VA‎, so it's at the intersection of 17 and Village Parkway. I'll give you a call around 12:30 and see where you're at.

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fun time at the karting place. Good seeing many of you again. Hopefully i'll have the fun car back by the next time I get to come out to one of the Viper events!

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is actually a great idea, but I've tried in the past to do a High Performance Driving School there with little success. There are several issues. One is they fill up fast. I would venture to say they are already booked through the summer and the only remaining open days are in the fall when you never know what the weather will be like. It's kind of expensive ($250) although I think it's a great deal considering what you get (four 20 minute runs, classroom lessons and a skid pad session in their car). Last, it is a race track and some people do not want to take their cars to the race track. None-the-less I encourage anyone interested to see if they can set something up. It truly is a good time and an experience like no other.

Yeah, what a blast!! We need to hit the Summit Point carts next.

Next time, I promise to actually bring the Viper.....

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is actually a great idea, but I've tried in the past to do a High Performance Driving School there with little success. There are several issues. One is they fill up fast. I would venture to say they are already booked through the summer and the only remaining open days are in the fall when you never know what the weather will be like. It's kind of expensive ($250) although I think it's a great deal considering what you get (four 20 minute runs, classroom lessons and a skid pad session in their car). Last, it is a race track and some people do not want to take their cars to the race track. None-the-less I encourage anyone interested to see if they can set something up. It truly is a good time and an experience like no other.

Jack was actually referring to the new go-kart offering out at Summit, not doing a FAT or other in-car instructional session. The Karts run on a separate track and they look like a hoot....

Summit Point Kart

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have been able to make it if you stayed at the 1pm time. I didn't get off work till 8 am.

It was still at 1:00 PM. Guys who caravaned down from the north met in Leesburg at 11:00 AM so that we could make it there by 1:00 PM.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, what a blast!! We need to hit the Summit Point carts next.

Next time, I promise to actually bring the Viper.....

You officially designated yourself as event coordinator. See what you can find out and lets set a date.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sunday was a lot of fun! I am going through all the footage that was shot at the track (about 45 minutes worth, including the juniors). If any of you have any still photos or video, I'd love to include them in what I'm putting together.

Stay tuned for the finished product coming soon!

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I uploaded that video to my computer but it's about 90MB.. I have to chop it up and compress it. That'll take me a little time..

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait!:eater:

TheSummitPoint Karts sound awesome! I'm in.

Sunday was a lot of fun! I am going through all the footage that was shot at the track (about 45 minutes worth, including the juniors). If any of you have any still photos or video, I'd love to include them in what I'm putting together.

Stay tuned for the finished product coming soon!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like a fun time!! Thanks for posting alpine...

I hope I can make it out next time someone puts an event like this together... Definately will bring my boys along. They both wanna run with the big dogs!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4