Inexpensive Rotors?

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to change my brake pads and noticed that I probably need new rotors too. Anyone know of a good place to buy rotors? The dealership wants $130 each...

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="blue">THESE</font> will fit...Your rotors are the same as non-ABS cars...12,000 miles is nothing if they haven't been tracked...

Your dealer: $520 plus tax

The actual list price for these rotors are: $126 each front and $103 each rear = $458

TATOR'S DODGE 914-763-3136...20% OEM parts = $366 plus shipping (heavier than 20 lbs)

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished installing crossdrilled and slotted rotors on the front with EBC Greens 1/2 hour ago. Rotors are drilled and slotted by Roto-Tech on a CNC Machine using Cad-Cam design for balance and alignment. I purchsed them through PARTS AUTHORITY ([email protected] 1-877-832-0194 / X3225) Ask for "Will". Cost - just under $200 with shipping &amp; handling. They have a ton of the fronts available. There was a screw-up at the factory that makes the rotors and instead of making rears, they made more fronts. Rears are on backorder until they reduce their stock of front rotors. These rotors are NOT designed for the track. The are made for street and the occasional autocross event. THEY LOOK FANTASTIC!! :usa:

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2Tall, I thought you were dead or something. Haven't seen you post on here for quite some time. Hey, your Viper was "spotted" by a buddy of mine on the Southfield Freeway a few weeks ago. He said he saw a red Viper with a certain personalized plate. It took me a day to remember it was your plate, I knew it sounded familiar.

Back to your question, I had the same problem last year. Went to change the brake pads and saw that my rotors looked like total crap. So I bought some Baer Eradispeed cross-drilled and slotted rotors. About $850 or so for a set from the Partsrack and probably a few other vendors. List price is a lot more. You got the cash and I know you like the bling bling like me. They really look sharp on my car. You will not regret it. Saw those new Ferraris with the crossdrilled rotors and I said I have to get something like that. Do they ever look sweet. I don't know about the other brand discussed above. They may be cheaper, but I think the Baer Eradispeeds were designed in such a way that the cross drilling will not degrade the reliability of the rotor like some other brands. I know cross drilling and slotting are not necessary with todays brake technology, but they look so dang sweet. If you want to take a look at my Eradispeeds this weekend or something let me know.

On second thought, wait a minute, you can't have that much mileage on your Viper and you don't take it to the road course tracks right? Isn't it only a year old now? Maybe the rotors just need re-surfacing.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planning to buy a digital camera in the next couple weeks. Will post picture then.....Sorry!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960