Informal survey: 5psi Roe owners' 1/4 mile ETs

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Informal survey: 5psi Roe owners\' 1/4 mile ETs

I'd like to see some Roe s/c 5psi drag strip data. Slicks or Pilots, doesn't matter. no nitrous

Sound off! :)

:usa:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Informal survey: 5psi Roe owners\' 1/4 mile ETs

11.70 @ 129mph 2.158 60' Pilot Sports

First and only time I've ever been to a track in any car.

Properly driven my car would have done much better.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got rained out in April when we had a club track day, but low 11's are very obtainable on street tires, and mid-high 10's on slicks and exhaust mods. I think 1TONY1 has gone high 10's on 5#'s and street rubber.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Definite low 11's are possible on street tires with a good lunch and good air. I have gone 11.2s on Michelins, my best on drag radials has been 10.84, I have a set of et streets which I have not run on yet but I am sure I will see 10.6 or 10.7 with them on. Trap speeds seem to range depending on weather and tires, hot days 125-126 mph, cooler days I have been over 130 mph on Michelins. Drag radials I have gone 128-129 mph. The car is very consistent and very streetable with the 5 lb pulley. I would go with the 7 lb pulley if I had the forged pistons, that pulley really wakes the supercharger up.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Another point of interest would be the car prep and the tuning. The Roe blower gets heat soaked, many ice the blower. Custom tuning can make a lot of difference. With the 5 lb pulley and card that was included in the kit I ran 11.4@119 needless to say I wasn't too happy. I was running 10.7@130 with nitrous prior to the blower install. I have since taken it to Macedo and it runs like a champ now (no times yet) This was with ET streets and skinnies.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's good to see information compiling in one thread. :)

I'm just trying to get 5psi info in one spot to get a good overview from the field of just what can be expected.

The more the merrier :)

Still waiting for Su Ra Kat to add to the list. . .

S

SUN RA KAT

At a good track (Norwalk, Ohio) and shifting at only 5,000 RPMs I did consistant very low 12's (12.1, 12.2) at 119. I thought I had a fuel starvation problem and was told by Larry Macedo to keep the RPMs at 5,000 tops for safety. Fuel starvation problem seemed to have disappeared when tested later and the extra RPMs above 5,000 can really add power and better times. My Viper Tech has driven my Viper to 11.7 at 126 MPH on our poorly prepped local track. I haven't made it out to the track this year yet and I need to practice for the Viper Nationals and V10 Nationals coming up all too soon in Columbus, Ohio. I think with all the experience of last year, I will start to turn some respectable times this year. :usa: :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery