Insane,bad and radical 1/18 inside....

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the customs!!! You are very talented and they all look amazing! Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see more pictures! :2tu:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every model you have shown looks bad-ass. I am still amazed at the detail and skill of your work. I have full confidence when you finish the srt-10 it will look incredible! Before you started this thread I didn't have an interest in viper models, now i am very interested and yours look awsome. :headbang:

Thanks a lot Kman,I hope to finish all my projects to show you that,just for the pleasure because I have a lot Viper who they will be waiting to work on them...

My first problem: to have more time to work on them!!

As possible for news.

Chris. :headbang:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok...Hi all :D

My last picture on my SRT-10 2008:

the top of the front cap became hard to work on it and prefer to remove a other one in the futur,better than this one...the set of wheels is OK and I finish it with his new paint (candy lime green)

You must be registered for see images

And I re-start the RT-10 2002 FE:

the original:

And mine today:

I'm working on the hard-top and I hope to finish it in a few time....

Chris.:2tu:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
like Maisto or Bburago really needs to hire you cause for the past few months you seem to be the only one doing work on current cars. AutoArt said they were going to release a SRT coupe and nothing since then has been built. Good work

--RS

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi RS :D

Yes it's right,Auto-Art realese it now (SRT coupe 2006),but we must wait them in shops....

you can check it here....be carrefull this is in UK link and prices ;)

http://www.stmartinsmodelcars.co.uk/AutoArt2008.htm

we can see that:

1/18th DODGE VIPER SRT-10 COUPE 2006 (RED) (LIMITED EDITION 6,000PCS WORLDWIDE WITH CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY)
£54.99

1/18th DODGE VIPER SRT-10 COUPE 2006 (BLACK) (LIMITED EDITION 6,000PCS WORLDWIDE WITH CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY)
£54.99

So,my prototype isn't perfect and realese a other one as possible,maybe with a SRT-10 Auto-Art why not :D (red,black or metal grey....)

Chris. :headbang:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By checking the AutoArt site itself it indeed looks like it went into production (no more "soon to be released" title)! However, browsing Ebay leaves me without any examples..

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes ITV,I check that this morning and we can not have a big smile for instance....:rolleyes:

Here you have mine today....I don't know if I finish it like the real or need it than a prototype-car...:D

It's not my priority for the moment,I have two others projects on the table now...

Chris. ;)

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New stages for the GTS :D

I put some scouring agent on all the body and cleaned it with water and sandpaper....

When all the body was ready for painting,I put on her some primer surfacer and some grey gloss aluminium TS-17 -Tamiya- and a fine layer of varnish TS-13....

Today,the paint is dry and put on it the two strppes with tape and paint all the body with two flash red layers -fines- without varnish for instance, with temp 20°....(red TS-49 Tamiya)

Here you have the last stage :nana:

Chris.:headbang:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Mike,give me just one day to finish this GTS and I have something specialy for you . I know you are waiting during a long time,but find all the parts for you was not a easy party,and they are not complete because I must made some myself too.

I hope to start your project during this week-end. :D

Morning pics with all the parts of the boby and varnish.

As possible for new pictures of it !!

Chris. :2tu:

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, it looks better than the old one but wich one is new..... seems like the one without the headlight assembled is different red to the other wich has more yellow in it.... (it´s more to orange, but also warm red)

So.... they both look perfect..... why a different paint?
Can´t the guys here give you a RAL number for the exact Viperpaint?

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right Arjen, the first paint is a red bright TS-49 (more orange than red) and the real GTS "model-car" is more red,so I used the TS-8 Italian Red (all Tamiya) and look-like than the real....

For the strippes,I used clear grey metal TS-17 with varnish TS-13 on the body.... ;)

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Mike,don't worry and be happy :D

here you have some news this morning of what happened :

I worked in your GTS during 20 hours on the body (it's not finish),I bought all the bombs for the new paint,but I must make a choise for one of the two grey colors to have a great combo with the blue stripes (racing blue métal)...all the tins, bombs and sandpapers are the complement for her....

Pictures -this morning-:

And I found (last week) THE exact set of wheels (the most important and long search) to realy start your project,because I can't choise some others for your GTS.

I must work on them to up some new tyres (Michelin) with the good size (here they are to hight and was some Bridgestone :rolleyes:)

Here you have the last news of your project Mike,I know it's to long for you but I don't want a bad GTS...

About the engine,my choise for the parts is right and a serious work will be to up them.

Chris.;)

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work, love the interiors. Your prototype SRT lends itself well to one of the color schemes on a new ACR that was at our OCC event. You can carry black across the top from front to back and paint the sides a different color. It was beautiful on the new ACR.

Thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately for me, I had almost the entire 1:18 collection starting with red 93, but sold them all when didn't think I'd ever have a real one. Now I have my 98 RT/10 and wish I kept them.:omg:

Peter

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well well well....Thanks a lot for all for your compliments...;)

In the last times, I has some serious problems with my health and now, it's better but not totaly good...it's a problem with one of my legs :)D) and, it's not a reason to stop my work with my hands :dunno:

So, for the Mccarlin GTS, I must cleanned the body (just some dust on the metal, nothing important) and I can paint it...

I don't start the work on the frame and the engine,I know it's to long for this particular GTS but I want to do it in the better conditions....

As I can for pictures!!

Chris. :2tu: