Inside/Outside cockpit trunk release

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a manual keyless trunk/hatch release either in the cockpit or wheel well. I'm thinking an old manual choke cable might work. I know someone has a secret way to get into the trunk if you lock the keys in there. Would you please P.M. me on how to do it. At the shooting range I'm always going into and out of my trunk and one of these days.....Thanks John

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't "PM"...though I'm very easy to contact. BUT, I will want to KNOW to whom I am speaking, plus their contact info, etc....just common sense, in my opinion, when sharing this kind of info.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a GTS I don't have this problem, but can't you vert guys stash an extra trunk key in the cockpit somewhere? Or under the hood?:dunno:

OP
OP
T

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. But being Polish I always look past the simple approach. Seriously,
maybe I can help a viper owner in the future since I'll know the technique. After looking in the trunk at the mechanism, I believe I figured how to access with a simple tool and accessory object. John

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, TrapperJ...not trying to be an obstruction here...just cannot see PM's on my PDA...and am on main computer so infrequently, that I never remember to check them. As I am quite "findable" by e-mail or phone, I see no need to change my habits!! :) If you look at my bio, it will help.

Presently, I am warming up one of the real computers, so I may contact you shortly.

OP
OP
T

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve for your time and information. The security that you advocate is highly appreciated and will be followed. John

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I certainly enjoyed spesking with you, John!!

I learn new things about these Beasts every time that I talk with another owner !!!

OP
OP
T

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point and thanks for the safety heads up. I was just thinking out loud. The external opener idea was considered and nixxed. I was simply looking for a method of opening in an emergency. Of course the smartest method is simply to carry an extra key in your wallet. As for an extra inside the cockpit opener (non electric) maybe I can rig up something using a choke cable or common remote auto trunk opener (junk yard). John

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire