Installer Say's New I-forged Have Scratch

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installer Say\'s New I-forged Have Scratch

Finally got my Astra's and took them to a wheel place I thought would do a good job. I opened all the boxes and checked them all out. But- I did not remove the plastic cover that was on the lip of each wheel. When I called the installer today he told me that 1 wheel has a small ding when they removed the plastic. Doesn't it just figure! I havent seen it yet but he just ruined my day. I just wanted them to be perfect but was so worried that they would f**k them up that it came true. Of course I don't know if they really shipped that way or the shop did it. The owner of the shop said a stone would hit them in a day or 2 and make a ding anyway. Of course their not his wheels.

Just wanted to vent

Thanks
Gary

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Installer Say\'s New I-forged Have Scratch

thats *****, who did you purchase your wheels from. Im looking for a vendor to by from.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They definatly did the damage. I just went through the same thing at another tire shop when i got my new tires installed. They finally fessed up and paid to have my rims refinshed. they are like new now.
Dont settle for that crap, make them pay for it somehow.

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All the rims are inspected before Vincent sends them out. be assured the damage is new or possibly happened in shipping (which is highly doubtful)

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought the wheels directly from I-forged. I'm sure they weren't sent out that way- but I guess it's possible to happen in shipping. I did notice that 2 wheels were pkg. with a foam protector in the box, and 2 weren't. They just had a cardboard insert and the tape over the lip to protect them.
Well I will see today when I pick the car up how bad the scratch is.

Thanks
Gary

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote:

The owner of the shop said a stone would hit them in a day or 2 and make a ding anyway. BS!!

This statement is a red flag, not something you would expect from a car guy.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would make all hell until they fesses up.
Make sure they know you inspected the wheels in details (plastic on), and tell them you want them to fix they scratch they made! Plain and simple!

Good luck. Hopefully, they scratch is so small is doesn't matter though!

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The owner of the shop said a stone would hit them in a day or 2 and make a ding anyway. Of course their not his wheels.
Dead give away when someone says something like this. Trying to cover thier asp!
In other words, we screwed your wheels up, but hey no big deal, they'd end up this way in a day or two anyway.
Fry his asp!

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just got the car back and the scratch is really not bad. I can probably just buff it out since the wheels are polished. I probably would have insisted on money off had i not known the guy personally. It's better to do business with people you aren't associated with.
I will post pics tomorrow-
Thanks
Gary

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pics are posted in "The Ultimate Wheel" thread

Thanks