Installing K&N Filter intake kit on 05 Viper

2005_Black_Vper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my kit comes today and I was curious as to how hard they are to install. I have installed intakes on mustangs and corvettes with no problem so I assume its even easier on the Viper since its all sitting right in the open. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a flathead and a phillips head screwdriver, it should not take more than maybe 5-10 minutes. Very easy. Everything you need is right on top. No issues.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Nick, it was good to meet you at the event on Sunday, welcome. Let the mods begin ;-)

Yea it's cake. Do be careful handling the sensor, otherwise you'll have no probs.

Dave.

OP
OP

2005_Black_Vper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Nick, it was good to meet you at the event on Sunday, welcome. Let the mods begin ;-)

Yea it's cake. Do be careful handling the sensor, otherwise you'll have no probs.

Dave.

Hey Dave,

Was good meeting you as well! Thanks for the tip! If this mod install goes well I will most likely order the silver side logos, and maybe the dash insert as well!

OP
OP

2005_Black_Vper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To update the thread, I got the intake installed. Went pretty smoothly besides trying to get the air temp sensor out of the old intake and into the new one. Now i wont go and say I can feel the power difference but the car feels and drives great so that is good enough for me lol. Now I just need to decide what to play around with next!