Insurance

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke with Farmers and they do not have a low mileage or show car category.

I guess I gotta wait until I turn 25 to get my insurance much cheaper.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yesterday I paid 453.00 total for both Vipers and that is full coverage full replacement. no mileage restrictions etc. that is a 6 month rate.
but i have all my vehicles,home etc with AAA too.:D
I have a clean record and A-1 credit and am 47

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Grundy, and there are a few restrictions. I take the car out sometimes at night down into DC and out, and I can't do that with Grundy.

Went with Travelers, it was only $300 more for the year and I have no restrictions.

Thanks for the input...

- Anthony

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully it has not happened but has anyone who has Grundy's or someone similar where there is an "Agreed Value" actually been paid that value in the event of an accident? I am hoping this is a good deal even with restrictions. I was burnt with my insurance company on my truck that I daily drive in and was also making it a weekend Show truck. I would love to have insurance where I can say what I think the replacement value is even if the premiums are a little higher.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second vote for Geico--despite their annoying commercials, they're a decent company. I pay just under $700/year on my Viper, including comprehensive, with the multi-car discount and clean driving record...

It's so easy a cave man can do it!:lmao:

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So Progressive just doubled my rate for six months of insurance on the Viper, from $700 to $1400. This is ridiculous and I am going to switch. My motorcycle is insured with Foremost, which is partnered with Farmers, so I will get a discount if I insure my cars with them as well.

However, is there any specialty insurance for the Viper? I don't drive it too often so it doesn't make sense to have normal coverage on it.

I know insurance prices vary by driving record, age, location, etc, but what insurance companies are you guys using? If anything my insurance should have gone down cause the one ticket I had dropped off in October after 3 years, so I now get the "safe driver" discount.

- Anthony

I have state farm now for full coverage on the 06 viper and liability on my taurus and came out to $1200 every six months. im 25, totalled out my 05 s2000 and two tickets on my record. progressive charged me $3000 for just the viper alone! Glad i switched.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geico stopped writing NEW policies for Vipers. I have them or shall I say had them, and they stopped covering Vipers. They were covering my '04 without a problem, but when I asked them to cover an additional they said no. So I am with someone else now.

For what is worth, I had 5 cars, 2 atv's, and a house with them. I am 50+, have never had a ticket (not that I haven't deserved one) or an accident and my credit is perfect.

Steve A.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 36 (wife 38) with clean driving records, multi-vehicle discount, full coverage (except glass and tow) $500 deductible, unlimited miles, and I pay $67/mo for the 06' Viper Coupe. oh yah, State Farm all the way, for 14 years now.

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im only 28 but FULL coverage on my soon to be viper and bmw comes to 100 dollars a month.. so 1200 for the year for two cars full coverage. and i have a ticket! the lady said once my ticket goes off this june ill be paying less then a 100 a month for full coverage on both my viper and beamer.

honestly for my age driving record.. cant beat that!

JTOJR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The national corvette museum just started an insurance company. I just changed mine to them as I know the guy running the new company. Adam Boca. I was paying 2900 a year for my 06 Viper Coupe 08Z06 & my wife's Lotus Elise. It is limited miles that you decide. Stated value etc. My new rate is 1750 per year & my wife just had a fender bender in her vette. Did not change the price. What I found very interesting is that my viper is supercharged which put it at a different rate. 321.00 per year. I did only 1000k miles on it. National Corvette Museum Miles are the only restriction. I think you can get a quote from the site. If not call him at 877nsurncm toll free Tell him Tucker sent you. Hope this will save you money as I know prices vary all over the US. Good luck

Tucker