Interest in MyGig Radio Retrofit...?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am gauging interest here with this post...

If I could put together a package to retrofit the MyGig Radio into the SRT-10, who would be interested?

Here are some specifics of the MyGig RER:

-Newest generation InfoTainment system
-Large Touch Sceen
-Full Navigational System, Hard-Drive Based
-Multimedia system, will play DVD's, store music & pictures on internal 20G HDD
-GraceNotes Music Database
-USB 2.0 Uploading
-UConnect Phone Pairing, voice control over functions
-Aux Input, iPod Kit Ready, Satelite Radio and Satelite Traffic Ready
-"BackSeat" aux can be added for future expansion [yeah, I know there isnt a back seat, but it would allow other audio/video inputs, as well as screen out puts, could be set up for independant viewing]
-Multi-Zone media multitasking [can allow driver to listen to music, while passenger listens to something else on headphones or watches a DVD, etc]
-Mopar OEM Quality, no flip up sceens to break, hack wiring, ugly faceplates, etc.

Kits would include a bus converter to allow use, a new radio faceplate, MyGig radio, a 500w amplifier [optional] and instructions for installation. I would hope to keep prices <2000.00 for everything, including Amp. Installation would require a small bit of cutting, but nothing that couldnt be replaced later if need be. The new dash faceplate will be CNC cut, and require a good core return, unless you order a new Mopar faceplate kit we can cut and ship you.

Last edited:

spotter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any pics on what if might look like?

Sounds promising.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry guys, dont have any pics in the Viper dash. It should look fine, its not all that much bigger than the current radio, just a bit taller. Double DIN's have been put in SRT's before, and they dont look bad at all... even without the OEM fit & finish. There is no sense in hacking up a Viper dash for fitment until I know there is enough interest to produce some type of bus converter or new software... I know I can make it fit.

Here is what it looks like;

You must be registered for see images

I will be consulting with a few more engineering friends of mine soon... I will see if there is enough interest to tackle this all around. It is possible we can even eliminate the BUS converter, but thats going to require a good bit of reprogramming... We will have to see what is more economical. A basic BUS converter has already been made before, so I know its possible.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hands down. I want one. We've talked about this before. The mygig in my Jeep SRT8 is second to none. Its so good, that if the gen 4 had it from the factory, its enough for me to trade in my 06 on an 08/09. Mygig rocks!! (Rb1 blows and thats the only current factory option for the vipers for navigation).

Jon

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be in for sure. I have looked all over the place for this exact conversion. I tried e-mailing x-vipers, as they had something in regards to this changeover, but they never replied to any of my e-mails.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd be in for sure. I have looked all over the place for this exact conversion. I tried e-mailing x-vipers, as they had something in regards to this changeover, but they never replied to any of my e-mails.

I have never seen anything from XVipers in this regard, curious what you have heard...?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd be very interested, but would have to be guarenteed it would work in an '08.

Hi Joe,

I would foresee no issues with 08/09 cars, as the bus converter would be a 1-way item, and the MyGig is self-contained, there reallt isnt any external bus controlled items like the RB1 uses [uconnect, GPS, Siruis, etc are all internal]

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen anything from XVipers in this regard, curious what you have heard...?

Xvipers had a mygig conversion set-up on their website about 5 months ago, which included everything necessary for the conversion. I haven't checked out their website lately, but I gave up on him when he wouldn't return my e-mails.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested depending on how much cutting would be required. I think you'd be able to pull more folks in if you have a photo of what the Viper dash/instrument stack would look like post-installation.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bumped to a winter project, due to the amount of work to set up some type of a jig for the dash modifications. Still on the shelf for making it happen!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nothing new, I could never find anyone interested in making any kind of a CAN "turn on" module [which was just plain SAD considering there is at least one company that makes a similar item and already has the damn code!], and most people are immediately scared away by the dash modifications. This is quite literally something that if I can ever bring it to market, would require shipping the car to me for an install. This is NOT a job for the average guy.

SRT8&10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, finalgts. Please keep us updated. Shipping my car to you would obviously make it cost prohibitive, but I would imagine there must be someone capable here in Houston if it were a complete kit.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, finalgts. Please keep us updated. Shipping my car to you would obviously make it cost prohibitive, but I would imagine there must be someone capable here in Houston if it were a complete kit.

Its not just an installation- the WHOLE DASH needs to be pulled out of the car, disassembled, and machined. Its not something that most any shop would want to get into... it would be a disaster, especially if its their first one.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to update this thread a bit:

We are currently in the middle of acquiring all of the components for this retrofit. The machine shop is making the dash modification jigs, electrical components are already here, and we have begun prototyping on it.

I have decided to take this to the next level as well. In combination with the MyGig radio and all of its internal features, I have also decided to offer [optionally] the substitute of the MyGig Voice Control Microphone, for a replacement rear-view mirror assembly which has an internal microphone, auto-dimming, as well as LED interior lighting. I have the feeling that this will be a popular option. OEM quality, and no more trucks blinding you when driving at night!

On the downside, no matter how you slice it, this will be expensive. The parts alone will be in the ~$2000 range on the low side, even when using a used MyGig and no rear view mirror option, and there is a decent amount of wiring and minor modifications needed for fitment. I am unsure at this point how "end user installable" I can make this- but in any case, it will be offered before long.