Interesting Experience With Jon B.............

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As some of you know, my '03 was struck a glancing blow on the left front fender and I've learned yet another use for duct tape.

Jon B at PartsRack agreed to buy the 2 front tires, fender, and bumper cover.

In the past I've read many threads about Jon, both negative and positive. Since I've never met him personally, all my experience has been vicarious and second hand.

Well, today I received a check from Jon for the full amount. I haven't yet shipped the fender and bumper cover, so I was astounded.

I know he is a smart businessman, but his trust in an unknown quanity is noteworthy.

Thanks Jon.............

Don

ViperKSA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with him a few hours ago, got things from him in the past, and just ordered more stuff. Great guy who's verrrrrrry informative, so ask him anything you feel unsure about (just like I did). Great job John keep it up !

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an unorthodox and unofficial JonB thread. In order for it to receive official certification as a JonB thread, it is necessary for the first post to be cast in a whining, complaining context. Then everyone jumps to Jon's defense, including me, and Jon sits back and basks in the glory of his sainthood. This thread is also premature since it has not been a long enough time since the last JonB post and accompanying canonization. Hi Jon.

Bob

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As some of you know, my '03 was struck a glancing blow on the left front fender and I've learned yet another use for duct tape.

Jon B at PartsRack agreed to buy the 2 front tires, fender, and bumper cover.

In the past I've read many threads about Jon, both negative and positive. Since I've never met him personally, all my experience has been vicarious and second hand.

Well, today I received a check from Jon for the full amount. I haven't yet shipped the fender and bumper cover, so I was astounded.

I know he is a smart businessman, but his trust in an unknown quanity is noteworthy.

Thanks Jon.............

Don

Why would you consider this odd? Like most of us, I’ve bought and sold tons of stuff on the Internet. It’s always money first - merchandise second.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's the only person I'll do business with. Ron at R&J stiffed me for a $90.00 re-stocking fee for 2 door panels, so I was a little leary of vendors. I got a few items from Jon, and couldn't be happier.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you consider this odd? Like most of us, I’ve bought and sold tons of stuff on the Internet. It’s always money first - merchandise second.

Since Jon is a well known Viper vendor and Don is a customer who had never before dealt with Jon, I could understand if Jon wanted the merchandise 1st. Its been too many stories on here about people receiving goods that were not as described. Jon's faith in Viper owners who he's never met/dealt with says a lot about his character!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You guys that post compliments on MONDAYS really peees meee offf, cause I dont have time to read them. PLEASE HOLD ALL COMPLIMENTARY POSTS til WED ?

(Thanks Don and all...... and for the newbees, I was JUST KIDDING...)

P.S. to Don: You trust ME.....I trust YOU. Simple, really.

OP
OP
D

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the car back today and it looks great. Crown Motors Body Shop did a splendid job. Paint and alignment look perfect. Interestingly, it was discovered that the inner bumper liner had to be replaced too. This is a one piece unit which runs the entire width of the car. The cost: $2200!!!!!

That makes the whole job right at about $12K.

The phrase "Viper Tax" now as an entirely new meaning to me.

This entire affair reminded me of one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in a movie. Do ya'll remember that classic remark from John Candy in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" as he observed the tremendous damage two 18 wheelers had done to his car? He said: "They can probably just buff that out".

Don

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery