Interior entry light is not working using drivers door

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2004 SRT-10, last night I had gone outside to get something out of the glove box of my car. I utilized the drivers door to open the car when I noticed that the entry/exit lighting did not come on once the door was opened. I then walked around to the passenger door and opened it at which time the entry/exit lighting came as it should have done on the drivers side. Has anyone else had this problem? if so, i hope that there is an easy and inexpensive fix. Thanks in advance.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would imagine there is a jam switch on the door. Will go out and check mine, but thats were i would start...

OP
OP
U

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, not at all. I was looking for the push pin switch but I couldn't find it ,unless its inside the electric door locking mechanism?

King_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, not at all. I was looking for the push pin switch but I couldn't find it ,unless its inside the electric door locking mechanism?

That's a pretty good possibility. I did some research online looking to find a replacement part and I couldn't come up with anything, even on Dodge's OEM parts websites. That leads me to believe it's part of the locking mech.