Intimate comparison between Gen IV and Gen V suspension setups (with photos)

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good read.

Very surprised at the wheels weights. My rear stock sized HRE 545Rs Invo's come in at 72lbs, and these rear Gen V with Sidewinder II wheels come in at only 56lbs for the rears. The front's are only 43lbs!!! Heck, these new Gen V track wheels weigh less that my 18" SSR track wheels with Kumho Victor racers tires which are 56lbs (rears) and 52lbs (fronts). Needless to say, these wheels look at lot nicer than just about any aftermarket wheel out there.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody just posted this link on Allpar. One thing I didn't know is you can attach a hose from the front cooling duct to the front brakes for better cooling on track days.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2013-srt-viper-gts-suspension-walkaround.html

Very cool, thanks for the post.

Agreed, the hose attachment on track days plus the quick change pads on the the track pack is a really valuable feature. You could swap in track pads. Lots of adjustability. Makes carbon ceramic brakes less compelling, if we can get a little more out of these brakes. Who wants to pay for that CC brake job?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the end, the 2013 SRT Viper isn't that different underneath from the car it replaces. By and large we're seeing the sort of generational changes you'd expect, a series of improvements that builds upon the Viper we already knew and loved in an effort to make it that much better. It's just two years late.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the end, the 2013 SRT Viper isn't that different underneath from the car it replaces. By and large we're seeing the sort of generational changes you'd expect, a series of improvements that builds upon the Viper we already knew and loved in an effort to make it that much better. It's just two years late.
It's not since two years ago I couldn't afford it :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang