iPhone pics of my B/W

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I went to go eat today and I didn't want to try pulling a u'y going home from there, I ended up going the back way and cut through where I went to school and figured why not, take some pics.

Now my SLR has been dead since I got back from vacation and my charger is at the office so these were all taken with my iPhone, not the best quality, but you can at least get an idea for what it looks like lowered with the tint.

The car is a little dirty, but I wasn't really planning on taking pics. For reference, the tint is 35% on the windshield and 15% on the sides. Visually I think the outside is done until I get different wheels. I need clear corners on the front but they are very hard to find, either way, here you go:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toe/Camber alignment? It probably is, car has been lowered and I haven't got an alignment yet. The wheel is also turned a little :). Thanks!

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks a whole lot darker with less light coming in the windshield. My phone probably isn't great at picking up the tint either, it does look quite dark in those pics.

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you see good at night with that tint? reason I ask is my winter car has 5% tint and its pretty hard to see at night when backing up.

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 5% on all my windows less my windshield on my previous cars and it was hard to see/backup/turn at night. This I don't even notice really which is nice. I'm either used to the dark stuff that this doesn't seem bad, or it isn't that bad, haha.

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats good that you can see well at night these cars are not the kind of cars I would want to have a hard time seeing at night and I was also thinking of tinting my windows with a very light tint just to darken them up a little.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks awesome, I had 15% on my last GTS and 30% on the windshield and it was awesome! I love tinted windshields and cant wait to do my red rt/10, I think it will set the color off a lot!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't know there was a state where it was legal to tint windshields. At least not around here.

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the pictures from the phone, I think the light was just about perfect for the phone to play nice.

Didn't know there was a state where it was legal to tint windshields. At least not around here.

I don't know of any either unless it is for off-road use only

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not sure what state it's legal to not run cats either but a lot of people don't run them.

I tint the windshield and dont run cats either. Just because its illegal doesn't mean people don't do it ;):drive::drive:

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great, b/w are the fastest. Sorry but I am not felling the wheels also.

Yea, they are definitely not my first pick. Lots better than the stockers IMO though, and I can't justify spending money one wheels with it not being as 'quick' as I'd like, even though the b/w is the fastest! Lol.

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the new motorola droid and sofar I dont think the pics are that nice for being 5mp, I took some photos of the viper in the garage the other nite while I was starting it up and they did not turn out to great.

Last edited:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's crazy! I think the iPhone is what, 1Mp? 1.3?
gen 1 and 2 of iphones were 2mp... gen 3(current) are 3mp

Don't be fooled by marketing hype. MP's do NOT make the picture better... in the case of most cell phones like the droid, you are getting 5MP of noise. What you need are better optics, lighting, and color/light sensors within the unit.

I can show you 2MP pics taken 10 years ago that looks infinitely better than anything most 5MP camera phones can do.

As for the Droid... it's "Bucket of does"...does NOT include being on the phone and using the internet at the same time. It's got lots of functions you'll never use and executed poorly. It's much-touted "replaceable" battery won't stay on the phone! :lmao:

Verizon's "fix"? Hand out Verizon stickers to keep the battery in place. :rolleyes:
Droid Battery Cover - Update: FIXED on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

More reading: The Megapixel Myth

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone who compares Iphone to a droid, just needs to look at this thread. those droid pictures are awful. No offense. I can't imagine going to another phone.

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aside from the poor pictures the droid is a really nice smart phone, I have had the iphone and sofar I would recommend the droid over it just for the better phone and internet that come with it but yes the iphone does have some nice things like multi tasking that the droid does not offer.

I have not had a chance to take a picture with good light yet, when I took those pictures it was pretty dark.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave