iPod for 2008 w/ factory Nav&Sirus

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,

Some say all that's needed is the Mopar integration kit (82209616AC). Other say that an extension cable is needed in addition to the kit for Sirius to work correcty (display song names).

I've tried the search, but failed to come up with a definitive answer. Will 82209616AC do the job alone, or do I need some other part too? If so, what part do I need?

Thanks,
Peter

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And just to add to the confusion, I was told that I could have Sirius OR Ipod but not both. Is it possible to have both the Sirius sat radio and the Ipod with the factory nav unit?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter, since you are in Wilmington, you might try a local call to Tom Sessions, Viper Tech at D&E Dodge, if you don't get a good answer here.

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This info is good for 03 to 06 and I am sure 08's are the same. The factory wiring harness is missing a wire that causes problems if you try to have both ipod adaptor and SAT. if you only have one or the other, then everything if fine. If you want both to work properly, buy the 10 foot extension cable which then does not use the factory harness between the ipod, and SAT and radio and every will work as it should.

OP
OP
P

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have the part number for the 10 foot cable?

Thanks,
Peter

slaughterj: Tom Sessions is my Viper Tech. He showed me the trick to fix the trunk issue you mentioned in another thread (did it fix your problem)?

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,
Peter

slaughterj: Tom Sessions is my Viper Tech. He showed me the trick to fix the trunk issue you mentioned in another thread (did it fix your problem)?

Call Tator and he should know, I have ordered a couple from him.

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
85 of 200 is correct, the part # for the harness is 5066203AA. I have both in my car.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,
Peter

Thought he might be, but one never knows... Yeah, thanks for the trunk thing, works great!

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok - So as I understand this, since I have Nav and Sirius, I need the Ipod integration kit #82209616AC and the extension cable #5066203AA. Is this correct?

I did a quick search but did not find any post covering the installation of the kit, does any one have any pictures/procedures for the the install process?

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone needs the ipod kit and the extra cable to make everything work with sirus, PM me.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,
Peter

You mean 10 pin extension, right? Thought I needed it tonight while doing my Ipod kit.. Trying to find a "nice" location for the Ipod adapter, other than the glove box.. Any ideas?

SRT²

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just purchased the kit and the cable and it is a 10 foot cable. The instructions were for other Dodge vehicles but not the viper. Any input from anyone that has done this install would be great.

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put mine at the factory sirus location. Behind the passenger side seat, in that little punch out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456