Is ABS possible on a gen I car? ANy kits out there?

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking of upgrading to the StopTech 4 wheel kit. Before I do I want to know if it is possible to retrofit the car with an ABS system.

Has anyone here done this to a Gen I car?

thanks

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with above posts- sell the Gen I and get a '01 or somesuch... you'll get the better suspension, real windows, and higher HP motor to boot.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

REDSLED is correct. Bobby Archer has the kit and has done several cars. Call them and they can hook you up.

Doc

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for the 7k better off to pony up to a newer car '01-03 lots of advantages, including warranty. I would not trust an aftermarket ABS sys personally, doesnt mean it wont work. might mean it wont work all the time? not only do you get real windows '97-02, more hp, lighter amongst other things. stepping up to an SRT will give you even loads more, a real trunk, great brakes!, more HP(always good), less weight ,and a top that goes up and back down in less time than it takes to take the toupee out of its carrying case just to name a few. I dont think you will ever get that 7k back out of the car like some other mods either. my .02