Is Gear Slack common on RT-10s

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMcGuire,
Ok, I am glad to hear that it is normal and there is nothing to be concerned about.
Thanks,

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 95 RT-10. When I was test driving it, I noticed a strange noise from the tranny, It sounded like there was play in between the gears. The present owner / seller stated that it was gear slack and was a common problem on the Dodge Vipers. I was wondering is this correct? If not should it be a warranty fix item, because fortunately it did have a 7 year 100,000 mile transferalble warranty. (The warranty does not run out till May of next year)
Thanks,
Happy new Yellow RT-10 Owner!

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be referring to the very common neutral gear rattle. If there is a noise coming from the gears that is there when the car is in neutral and the clutch is released but goes away when you push the clutch in, the you are talking about the common gear noise.

Go to this part of this web site to see the explanation... Neutral Gear Rattle

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it does not rattle in neutral. More like it makes a little noise when I let the clutch out, like the gears have to catch up with the flywheel. Also if you are in gear and just gas it and let off and gas it and let off, sometimes you hear a sound that literally sounds like slack in the gears. Has anyone heard of this before?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21