is it recommend to get an expensive alarm??

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wasn't sure how common a theft was.,., but would like not to have to shell out 800 bucks for a top notch alarm and I am not crazy about someone hacking in the the factory wires .,, any help on this issue would be great :)

Rob

roller

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Steve in Indy. I have two alarms on mine and trying to remove aftermarket one.

Frank

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the factory alarm is sufficiant unless you have some high end audio equipment. How about investing in lojack? Its about $700 or so and allows you to track the car if stolen.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this won't prevent it from being stolen, but it tracks it for $109.00 at Walmart online. Seems to be an option for some people.

Tecnet TTL-1000 GPS Tracker/Logger:

The Tecnet TTL-1000 GPS Tracker/Logger logs your location, speed and driving habits in your GPS. This vehicle GPS tracker works with Google Earth and similar programs. It not only tracks, but also stores up to 3,650 hours of travel information. This Google Earth GPS tracker is easy to install and does not require any special tools or equipment. It comes ready to use out of the box and you dont have pay any special fees for using these services. It also comes with magnetic mount and cord clips, so you can easily mount it anywhere. The kit includes 1GB SD card and 12V power cord.

Tecnet TTL-1000 GPS Tracker/Logger:
•GPS location tracking, logging and reporting
•Logs location, speed and driving habits
•Up to 3,650 hours of stored information (about 5 months)
•Easy installation, no tools or equipment required
•12V DC power plug
•Map display works with programs such as Google Earth
•No monthly fee required to use all features
•Magnetic mount and cord clips
•Includes 1GB SD card and 12V power cord

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they want your car, they will get it. I rather not mess with factory wiring and I used to always have aftermarket alarms. Plus I honestly don't think thieves target vipers, they go for cars they can easily dispose.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aftermarket alarms are not worth the trouble. Park it someplace safe and stay stock. Those aftermarket things cause trouble with electrical after a while. IMO
That's why the make garages.