Is it worth it?

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...QQitemZ270792158465QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#lg

Ive been going back and forth with this dealership in GA ever since I turned down the black 04 that was in PA. They are stuck at $49,991, but they offering $21,000 for my trade in (2003 SVT Cobra w/ 30k miles) which is very good in my opinion. Although the price is a little out of my range ($45,000), it is the color I want and has the tasteful mods that I would plan to do anyways (Corsa exhaust, K&N intake, and other visual accessories adding up to over $3500). After looking for almost a year, I feel that they're asking a little too much compared to others that I've seen. Does anybody else agree? I also tried to explain to them that I will be traveling over 15 hours each way which they didn't seem to take into play at all. Hmmm.... What do you guys think would be a fair offer on their end? Thanks again...!!!

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like you said I think it's a little high. 45K would be more reasonable, but it depends how well the car was taken care of. I paid less than that for my 06 with corsa and B&M shifter, and clearbra with 8K miles. I would think they would take more off but if it's an extremely clean car it might be worth it.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My girlfriends father also paid less for his 06 Blue/Silver Coupe with 12k miles (Which I mentioned to the dealership). It looks like a very clean car but...

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell for a few dollars more if you like the rawness of the 96's look into these.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Prices have come up a touch in the last year, so who knows?

Good Luck!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick...when it comes to prices, there are three main factors for me:

#1 Can you afford it? That's the obvious one, and it doesn't sound that far out of reach, although you might not want to stretch that far. That's a personal decision you have to make.
#2 Is it what you really want? For you, yes of course it is! Particularly with the tasteful and modest mods to the car...plus its yellow!
#3 Lastly, how long do you plan to keep it? If for only a year or two, that extra $5000 is really going to make a difference at resale. If you anticipate keeping the car 5 years or longer, you'll be happiest that you got what you really wanted, a yellow vert, and that money down the road will not have made much difference, and certainly won't really matter when you sell it with many more miles/age etc.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks nice Nick. If you are going to keep it for awhile, then I say buy it! Especially if you have not seen any others that you are interested in.
You say it has the mods that you like, so that's a plus. The only down side is it still has the runflats on and I would definitely spend the extra $1500 or so to get them off and put the PS2's on.
Plus, you did say that you feel you are getting a fair price on your car as a trade in. Just go for it man! you won't regret the extra cash spent when it's at your home.

jsarker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AbsolutHank is spot on. My view with cars in general, which involve emotional decisions rather than logical ones, is that I'm willing to pay a little bit more to get what I want. Historically, I'm sure I don't get the greatest deal on cars because I'm impatient and get "attached" to them while searching; but, of course, buying a Viper isn't logical to begin with. :)

Good luck with the purchase.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, you have to think about how you will feel if you buy a different one that isn't the color you really want. If you plan on keeping for a while, get the one you really want. If you had to put those mods on yourself, the gap really closes to more along what you would have spent for the mods. Go for it!! That little difference will be moot when you are out in the garage at night and just staring at it. It took me a while to stop staring and smiling at it. Now that smile always comes back when I drive it. By the way, I love to smile. lol And judging by the way other Vipers smile, I would say the same holds true about driving and smiling. Good luck with your purchase.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prices have come up significantly on Vipers in the last 8 months or so. Actually all used cars prices are up. Do some googling on that. So you are getting a good deal on trade in as well. Tough to deal with that long distance. As always if you want to cut the last $5,000 out of any car deal sell the car you own on your own and go in without a trade. Hopefully you negotiated price first without mentioning your trade, if not you have left money on the table just because they can't really evaluate your trade long distance.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Wasn't Palmer a site supporter before?. I didn't buy a Viper from them, but I remember one of the Viper salesman was named Jarred. He always took the time to answer numerous noob Viper questions and actually talked me out of buying a car that he knew had been a Dodge press car.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick...when it comes to prices, there are three main factors for me:

#1 Can you afford it? That's the obvious one, and it doesn't sound that far out of reach, although you might not want to stretch that far. That's a personal decision you have to make.
#2 Is it what you really want? For you, yes of course it is! Particularly with the tasteful and modest mods to the car...plus its yellow!
#3 Lastly, how long do you plan to keep it? If for only a year or two, that extra $5000 is really going to make a difference at resale. If you anticipate keeping the car 5 years or longer, you'll be happiest that you got what you really wanted, a yellow vert, and that money down the road will not have made much difference, and certainly won't really matter when you sell it with many more miles/age etc.

You couldnt have said it any better! I think Im going to sleep on it. Dont ask my why Im not sleeping already :lmao:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the car and color you want, don't settle for something that's just more "available".
Trust me, I KNOW...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true! I know a guy here in NY that just did that with his ACR's :omg: I will know by the middle of the week

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car checked out great except for one thing... the hood was a different shade of yellow. Found out the hood was replaced under warranty for whatever reason in 06 at 3400 miles. If this was your car, would this be a deal breaker? The dealership offered to paint it for me but I told them Id rather have somebody in NY do it so just incase it isn't finished right, I can always go back. They agreed to take off the difference but that # will be determined tomorrow. They claim they can have the hood painted for $500 but I don't think that includes any blending of the bumpers. Whats your take on this guys?

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car checked out great except for one thing... the hood was a different shade of yellow. Found out the hood was replaced under warranty for whatever reason in 06 at 3400 miles. If this was your car, would this be a deal breaker? The dealership offered to paint it for me but I told them Id rather have somebody in NY do it so just incase it isn't finished right, I can always go back. They agreed to take off the difference but that # will be determined tomorrow. They claim they can have the hood painted for $500 but I don't think that includes any blending of the bumpers. Whats your take on this guys?
As long as it wasn't because of an accident that it needed to be replaced then it would not be a deal breaker for me. A lot of people change their hoods, which obviously need to be painted to have the paint match. In your line of work, you probably know someone that you would trust to do the job. If you were happy with everything else, go for it. Is this all done over the phone? Because I would still need to see the car in person before signing on the dotted line or giving any kind of deposit.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's Chad? :dunno:

More stupid red vs yellow thread hijacking that ran out of funny years ago.
Did you have Chuck or someone run the VIN?
I would want to know why the hood "failed", that seems unusual but not a deal breaker at all.
Snakepit John could paint that up right no problem.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes thats how I found out the info behind the hood. There wasn't a reason stated unfourtanately. If they come ease up on the price a little, Ill go get it.

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the color you wanted! That would also be one fun ride back to NY if your not going to ship it!

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to pull the trigger. Just got back home last night! Very excited!!! Pictures to come... :D

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a quick picture I snapped on my cell phone before we left the dealership in GA. More to come...

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi