Is my heat broken?

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am new to the Viper world and own a 2002 GTS F.E.. I noticed that when my heat/A.c. control is in the Vent position that the blend control for the hot/cold seems to do absolutely nothing. No matter if it's on cold or hot the air is the same temp.
If I switch it over to the heat or defrost side, I can adjust the temperature with the control.

Is mine broken? Or is that just the way it works?:dunno:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way it works. Heat only works on heat or defrost. The air ducting blocks out the heat on other settings.

So whyTF would you want heat blowing in your face in Texas?

OP
OP
T

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's was colder than chit out there tonight, Like 50* or something. I like it warm and my hands were freezing.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's was colder than chit out there tonight, Like 50* or something. I like it warm and my hands were freezing.

you Texas guys are hilarious:lmao: tell ya' what, hang out with us Northern IN gals and see what cold is.

I kept slamming the door shut on my daily driver today, wouldn't shut:rolaugh:the outside door handle was so frozen it wouldn't retract haha, so I put it in DRIVE and the ice cycles dripping from the car to the ground wouldn't let the car go hahahaaa gotta love it

OP
OP
T

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a ****, I could never take the cold for long. I got the heat cranked up in my house right now to 76 and I am still freezing.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I'll take your purposeful omission of green as friendly joshing but have to point out that should you ever venture from your subtropical climate you will need something to cover your ears also. Here's my travel kit:

DSCN1681.JPG

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys! Springs almost here!!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break..") ... ("Lord strike that poor boy down!")
- Van Halen

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50F and you're cold???? Hell. When it hits 50 here we put shorts and tee shirts on and go to the beach. LOL.. We have had a brutal winter here. It was -30 to -40 here for weeks this winter. With the windchill we had days of -56C. Even now its still cold. -22C and -30 with the windchill. I'm still 2 months from even seeing my viper let alone driving it. Enjoy the balmy 50F weather. We could only wish for that warm..haha.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my heater blazing one the way back from the cruise-in. I think mittens would be cool with an ACR stripe on the left hand. This freakin sub-80 stuff *****!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960