Is that a corvette?

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever had that annoying question asked to them? I get it all the time and it drives me nuts! first of all I don't think anyone could feel as passionately as I do when it comes to the corvette. I don't know what it is but I can't stand that car. (I really don't know why). Second, If it was a corvette would it have stickers all around it that say viper?

And speaking of the vette, has anyone noticed this annoying habit vette owners seem to have. you know - driving during the day with the fog lights on. what the hell is that all about? is that like some kind of frat secret handshake or something? are all of us other drivers supposed to get the idea that your part of some elite club?

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard that question alot and you just have to grin and bear it. I think the lights you see on during the day are made to be that way, daytime running lights.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DRL'S are required in Canada.GM is too lazy to make another version for the US market.All the newer GM cars are like this.Makes them look like they're in a funeral parade. Bruce

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
They're not fog lights, they're daytime running lights. Cars with technology have them. Ask an educated gearhead and he’ll explain them to you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The truth of the matter is its just cheaper for high volume cars to be built one way. Mass production. As far as cars with technology having them, thats a silly statement. Its really no techno wonder that you can tie a light to an ignition circuit..jmo.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My State Farm agent asked me if it was a Corvette -- can you believe it? Of course, it is the ONLY Viper they insure, maybe that has something to do with it. But the agent did drool over it, which made it less painful.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank, that is what you get for going with Snake Farm. hahaha Just kidding. I have only had one person call my car a Vette. Later on that nite, while we were still in the garage, another one of my friends called it a Viper out loud and she came up and apologized. hahahaa I didn't care. I like them both. Some people are just not into cars. Gotta respect them for that. BTW, she bought a PT Cruiser from Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin ACR - Nicely worded. "cars with technology...."

MKIV Supra - With all the "cars with technology..." you seem to own, why is the Viper on your wish list and not in your garage?

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Cars with Technology???"

I remember the goofy commercials for the 1st car GM put the DRL's on.....it was a Geo Metro. The commercials would tell other drivers not to flash your lights at the Metro's because the lights were supposed to be on.

I guess the Metro and the Corvette have the same technology
You must be registered for see images

MKIV Supra, I also see in your stable you do not have any technologically advanced cars!!!!!!!!!!

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I've had experiences like this, but not in a viper. People come up and say "cool camaro!"... "What year camaro?"...or "My buddy had one like this back in day, except it was an RS"...
it's a 'cuda! C-U-D-A.
Grrr... I get it all the time. I just want to scream "Its a plymouth D#$# it!).

Had someone ask me about my "chevelle" 442, and my "Impala" road runner (When it has the road runner on it... says road runner on the side, and the plate reads "69RDRNR" you would think they get the idea! Sheesh).

Oh well.. just take it in stride

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MKIV Supra:
you know - driving during the day with the fog lights on. what the hell is that all about?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're not fog lights, they're daytime running lights. Cars with technology have them. Ask an educated gearhead and he’ll explain them to you.

They're corning lights and they're yellow, don't know why they bother with them, the only time I see them is in my rear view mirror.

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some Vette owners disable them, but this is one feature I like on my car. The amber goes nicely with the black.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
My State Farm agent asked me if it was a Corvette -- can you believe it?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, better that he think it's a much slower car and price your insurance accordingly...

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Viper friends,

Sorry to tell you that if you do not like that question, just wait till 2003 comes out. The new Dodge Corvette

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No they will be calling it Honda S2003

I hope that the new GTS will make it to the market the way it looked in the magazine.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Cars with technology"

Ouch to the corvette.

By your statement that would mean that Canadian Vipers are tecnologically advanced over "Primal" American ones.

It's for safety reasons, every new car in Canada must have them, since about the late 80's I beleive.

Quite sad the Vette gets ragged on about that, our caravans and town and countries all have the same style DTRL's.

I think GM is smart to do this on all their cars.

DTRLCraig