Is The Viper An ANTI-CHICK MAGNET?

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I am spending yet another summer with the GTS, I have made the following observations on the car's "magnetism":

Here's who it attracts:
1. Teenage boys
2. Adolescents of all types
3. Car guys
4. The occasional woman, but it is very, very, very rare. And she usually has tats, a pack of smokes and leather skin.

Here's who it repulses:
1. Corvette owners (for obvious reasons that must be respected)
2. Anyone who is showing their car off and your Viper drives by and all the looks go away from their car.
3. Most women. And that's the part that *****.

Now I recognize, the really cool chicks "get it." But when I take the GTS out for a spin (sans the wifey), it would be a real nice bonus to have a pretty woman checking out the car, and perhaps the guy who is driving it. But instead the Viper magnetism seems to be more like an ice cream truck, every kid comes a-runnin', but where's the ladies?!?!?

This is obviously a pro-Viper biased forum (I mean,for one thing I am really biased to the Viper) so I think it is easy to argue pro-Viper and that I must be driving around towns here in NJ with blind women. But, honestly, have ya'll noticed the same thing? Doesn't it seem that most women aren't turning their heads for the Viper? Doesn't the Mercedes and the such, get more looks?

Last edited:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! This has to be one of the funniest posts I have read. Sorry to break the news to you but you are either ugly as a wildebeest or a quasi-nerd of unconscionable proportions.

Although I got my Vipers after I got married (**** luck I guess), I have had more females offer themselves with reckless abandon when i am with my Viper(s) than I ever thought possible because of a car. God forbid I had these cars before I was married.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...OK... talk to me here gents. I don't think I have an issue in the personal looks category (could be my ego speaking, but I feel I am good there). Perhaps I am not doing something else right.

I am married, so I am just looking for the window shopper, ego boosting, pretty lady looks. I guess I am doing something wrong.

Oh yeah... and to build on that. I have spoke with many the pretty woman about the car and asked them what do you think. The response is usually it's nice, but no interest or excitement beyond that.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't expect them to be gear heads like us, do you? Maybe the ones you are talking to need estrogen injections. When I drive one of my Vipers or take it to a car show, the women (of all ages) go apesh1t over it. I have even had women offer themselves, with my wife right there. They are simple beasts with ever waivering needs but the Viper certainly excites most of them into a reproductive response.

Last edited:

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your sole purpose is to have women walk up, Get a 66 red and white Mustang convertible (my wife s car) I remember to this day when I would drive you could park ANYWHERE ,Winn Dixie,etc and they would start "Stepford wifing" up to the car. VERY boring car to drive however, when she died with cancer, I never drove it, traded it for a 70 440 Challenger,now that is a car. MORAL, be careful what you wish for...

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's IT!!!! The 66 red/white Mustang. That is the reaction I am talking about. The Viper, in my experience, doesn't get that reaction.

Now a car show is different, people are there for the cars. I am talking about pulling up to a parking spot in "main street America". The Mustang is exactly it! I have never had that reaction with the Viper like the Mustang.

I wouldn't trade my Viper for the world. It is the most amazing car ever... it would just be an added bonus to get the Stepford chickies walking on over.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh::omg::dunno::rolleyes:

LMAO!! Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more anti-reality, you go comparing a sh1tcan Mustang to a Viper. The Mustang gets the chicks? LMAO!! Yeah, maybe some bleached out, 50 year old pool hall grade Harley escapees, in need of trailer park lodging. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

The verdict is in; You are a SUPERNERD!!

Now, do the right thing and sell that Viper for a vette.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would move from where you are there... Morris County, NJ. Because it must be something in the water or then again, the color of your car. Now granted, yes, not always are the women that look at my car what I would call super attractive, but it is always getting checked out by the gals. ALWAYS. From 16 year old hotties to fat grandmothers and everything in between.

The '66 Mustang... Did someone say red and white...? :D

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife likes mine. Actually when I took her to the showroom to show her the car her comments were. Quote.... What are you waiting for buy it. She always gives me lots of rope and I have yet to hang myself. Best friends 50 years.

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alexarz - are you freakin' kiddin' me?!? I appreciate that I could be a super-nerd, elephant man that is turning away any possible glance. But just bear with me. I will park the car in a small town like Clinton, NJ (here is the link to the town page - Welcome to Historic Clinton NJ ), and I will sit for a cup a coffee with my wife.

With the car parked (and me not near it) I watch the car, and watch who stops and checks it out. So, I am trying to judge the merits of the Viper as a standalone, and - before you get your undies in a bunch - all I am saying is that I observe very few women getting fired up over the car. That's all I am sayin'.

But I do have to say, the mega SUPERNERD comment is kinda funny. LOL!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obsidian, you must be ugly. Seriously:crazy2:

I'd list all the comments ive got from chicks on my GTS but everyone here knows what its like

also, im handsome & young so that might contribute to it...:cool:

Dave,
Red has NOTHING to do with it. The only way color effects attention is if you have one of the low-key colors like steelgray ect...

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Obsidian, you must be ugly. Seriously:crazy2:

The only way color effects attention is if you have one of the low-key colors like steelgray ect...

Yeah, this low key color would never get a chick. :lmao::lmao:

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dom426h... now that just hurts. I have to say it ain't my looks. I'm pretty darn sure I am OK on that front.

Maybe it is my age (I am 37), and I am not looking for women (I am happily married) besides to get the nice window shopping and winks from an attractive woman. That's all I am saying.

And, if you read my last comment in detail, I am saying if you simply put the car on the street and parked it and observed from afar you would notice that the VAST majority of looks, stares and drools will be from other guys with cars, and adolescents. Very few beautiful women will RARELY independently seek it out, check it out and drool.

Last edited:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that is why I got this one as backup. Damn low key steel gray!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
obsidian, i never have any issues and im one ugly fat bastage..... from the same area as you too.

but i also like the stripper/tatted/pierced/tan/blond types... :)

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And just so you guys know, the Sapphire's blow away everything else...

Windows_Photo_Gallery_Wallpaper.jpg

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dom426h... now that just hurts. I have to say it ain't my looks. I'm pretty darn sure I am OK on that front.

Maybe it is my age (I am 37), and I am not looking for women (I am happily married) besides to get the nice window shopping and winks from an attractive woman. That's all I am saying.

And, if you read my last comment in detail, I am saying if you simply put the car on the street and parked it and observed from afar you would notice that the VAST majority of looks, stares and drools will be from other guys with cars, and adlo adolescents. Very few beautiful women will independently seek it out, check it out and drool.

Of course adolescents are more into cars than adults. Males in general are into cars more than women are. However, if you were single and showed up on your first date with a Viper, odds are that even a mega nerd like yourself (just kidding) would receive some form of mucous transmission from your date before the night was over. In the Mustang, you might just end up in dry heaves.

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goofy post, I can't believe I wasted my time reading this one.......you are married, don't worry about it and have fun and also don't worry about what others think as it will drive you crazy....now onto more meaningful posts....

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course adolescents are more into cars than adults. Males in general are into cars more than women are. However, if you were single and showed up on your first date with a Viper, odds are that even a mega nerd like yourself (just kidding) would receive some form of mucous transmission from your date before the night was over. In the Mustang, you might just end up in dry heaves.

The grey '00 is bad ass looking. OK back to the discussion:

I just quizzed my wife and asked her... and she said that her first impression of a "flashy car" (that was her exact words) is that the guy is trying to make up for something. Now I hope that's not was she thinks about me and my Viper. But my wife is the kind of women who I think is beautiful (not the fake bleached blond, tats, biker chick type)... more the the elegant beautiful type. Perhaps it is the mindset of the woman.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you in front of a *** bar?

That's enough, now. He may be a neo meganerd but he is not *****. Are you, Obsi Poo? If you are, buy a vette. They attract limp wristed men by the sh1tload. If you have any doubts, go visit a vette forum and smell the Chanel #5 in the air.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grey '00 is bad ass looking. OK back to the discussion:

I just quizzed my wife and asked her... and she said that her first impression of a "flashy car" (that was her exact words) is that the guy is trying to make up for something. Now I hope that's not was she thinks about me and my Viper. But my wife is the kind of women who I think is beautiful (not the fake bleached blond, tats, biker chick type)... more the the elegant beautiful type. Perhaps it is the mindset of the woman.

I would say that the women with low self esteem would feel threatened by a car like the Viper, thinking that the man is trying to gain the upper hand with a car like that. This reaction is typical american female, who has been in a tug-o-war with men over the last 40 years for power and independance. A more traditional woman (asian, latina) would have no such negative "knee ****" reaction. The younger and older american women are less jaded. It's the middle ones in particular who have the chip on their shoulder. A 19 year old would flip out over your car. A 28 year old might think you are showing off and feel threatened. Then again, she is over the hill anyway. Stick with the 19 year old. After all, personality fades fast.

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I ***?!?!? LOL!!! I'm just making an observation, and yes I do park the car when stopping to get a drink or dinner (I would NEVER eat in the car).

I love my Viper... in fact I am a fanatic about it. I am simply observing the reaction it gets, when it is "***-ly parked."

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Obsidian, I do understand what you re saying.I love my Viper,but when you drive "that car" the driver can be an ogre sex ****** whatever (me), women (the kind that dont) start walking over,etc. But I repeat, it is not what you want, I would nt swap the Viper for a minute.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets