Is there any way to get the ac motor to blow harder?

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It seems the air itself is fairly cool/cold but the system just doesnt move that much air. In my dd 05 vette(and just about every other car) it blows MUCH harder

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Pretty subjective area without criteria on air flow and temp...BUT, in my opinion Gen I's & II's are generally A/C "weak"...especially with all of that heat coming from the V-10, and especially in hot climates. Gen III's and IV are much better.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did the following to help the A/C out.

1) Got an SCT tune. This allowed the option to turn the radiator fan on earlier.
2) Since I am mostly in the car by myself, I plugged the lower passenger seat crouch outlet with a sponge I bought at Wal-Mart.

Some also get the honeycomb substrate high–flow catalytic converters which I hear reduces heat in the cabin as well.

Rev

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the rev is right, youre much better off making it cooler in the car. the a/c is what it is....

OP
OP
V

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hadn't thought about plugging the passenger crotch outlet. I have the control to turn the fan on, and have removed my cats already.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some threads (NOT easy to find using the search feature) that outline additional things that can be done to enhance the A/C.

One item outlined adding additional heat shielding around the "exchanger box", the blower fan etc.

I added additional shielding on the floor pan above the factory aluminum heat sheild that are over the cats.

I also wrapped some velcro type tube heat shielding around the A/C VAC and Charge lines at the compressor. Alot of the A/C components under the hood are exposed to the heat coming off the headers, let alone the motor itself.

One thing I might do in the future is wrap the exhaust pipe in the side sills with heat wrap or possibly get the pipes ceramic coated.

The some of the simple things above "feel" like they helped when I did them.

You can get the sticky back heat shielding from places like Summit Racing, thats where I got mine.

Note: I have the cat delete option - I know this helps to but not an option for everyone.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea, if you already haven't done it.

Get the A/C system professional VAC'd and charged. It really helps to get the moisture out of the system. It cost me $100.00 at a local reputable radiator/Air Conditioner shop. Stood there and watched while they did it. Took maybe 1/2 an hour.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but in my 97 GTS the a/c blows sufficiently cold to the point that I need to turn the temp up slightly, even when on the first setting.

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but in my 97 GTS the a/c blows sufficiently cold to the point that I need to turn the temp up slightly, even when on the first setting.
You know when the dial is turned to the dash vents or AC running the temp dial doesn't control anything, right?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 01 blows very hard and will freeze you out of the car even on the hottest days. Is your high speed working? I know some times there is a fuse for the high speed fan. Not sure if the Viper is like this also.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a seal that resides between the dash and the a/c plenum behind the dash. It is glued on to the back of the dash and surrounds the a/c vent openings.That seal is about 3/8" thickness when new, after several years, it basically disappears. With the seal is gone a lot of the air goes behind the dash and does not make it way into the cabin, not the whole answer, but, part of it.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know when the dial is turned to the dash vents or AC running the temp dial doesn't control anything, right?
Not sure what you mean, when I have the A/C on (the snowflake or recirc) moving the dial changes the temp coming out.

OP
OP
V

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ill have to take a look at that seal. The air itself is cold it just doesnt seem like its blowing a lot of air out of the vents

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For clif, it is a for sure.

For you, its borderline. What I dont know is if it was a Jan 1 requirement, or if it was a 97 MY thing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456