IS this a good price for a new SRT Coupe??

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I previously owned an 04 SRT10 Conv and a 2001 GTS Coupe. I have been away from the Viper for 2 years so am not up to speed on the car. My local dealer has a new coupe in the Pearl Blue with Silver Stripes. MSRP is about 90K and he said he would sell it to me for invoice which is about $6000 off. He is going to call me tonight with the final numbers. Is this a good price for this car? Also have there been any recalls on the coupe since it came out? I remember there were a couple of recalls on my 04 SRT10 that irritated a lot of us. I just cannot see going for the ZR6. Its just not the same experiance even if it is marginally faster. thanks!

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I saw one on Ebay priced around 79,000$ "buy me now" price...

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not pay over invoice for this car. Lots of deals out there. If you get the car for under invoice you did very well. Those deals are out there, just have to find them. Try to cold states, they tend to not want to sit on them.

Good luck with the search.

scroft

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but don't miss this great quote.

"Documentation fee's in the amount of $299 will be added to final purchase price on all finalized purchases."

Makes the final price $85,294. It's still a good price don't get me wrong. Being an actual dealer myself, I would never dream of asking for a $299 DOC fee which is basically extra profit. I've also heard of some dealers claiming their price does not include the $3,000 gas guzzler tax too.

Also, Invoice on this unit is $84,194 so the price is actualy $1,000 OVER invoice.

RawPwr2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just paid $89,500 for my 2006 SRT-10 coupe blue with white stripes. The invoice was $91,900 and they also had a $25,000 mark up on it. I figure I probably paid a few grand high, but I really loved the car. Also being in southern california everything costs more