Is This a Good Product...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 36" brake from them, modded the hell out of it so it would work good. But I dunno about anything they have that plugs in the wall socket. How will you mod it to make it work right?

Just saying...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they sell a good Viper (low profile) floor jack that folks used (maybe still do) to buy with excellent reviews.

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay far away from it, it's a POS :flush:. Destroyed my battery in two months. Spend an extra $15 and get a Schumacher, Craftman or the Battery Tender.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harbor Freight is hit or miss on things.

If it is electronic, for the most part it's going to be a POS. They temperature gun works good though.

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the guy I know with one is gonna add an in line fuse to it. Other than that, not much planned. Thanks for the good info, keep it coming.

Also another guy I know has been using it as is from the store on his Ferrari 360 for six months with no prob.

:usa:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree about the hit and miss. Most of the tools I have received from Harbor Freight have been pretty good but I have gotten a couple of lemons.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree about the hit and miss. Most of the tools I have received from Harbor Freight have been pretty good but I have gotten a couple of lemons.

The air tools are all pretty decent for the average do it yourselfer. Wrenches etc. are decent, not as good as Crafsman or Snapon, but do the job. They are great for cutting up and making specialty tools out of. They also have a life time warranty, although they don't advertise that...

Most electronic crap they have is just that...crap. All the 3-4" electric grinders they have I consider throwaways. Buy a few when they are on sale and when they quit working throw them away.

Search the net for coupons. You can compound them there and get get some stuff dirt cheap.

Dad just bought a blast cabinet from them that is normally $250 for $100 after all the coupons where discounted and tax.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a Battery Tender, about $50, but it has worked for me for at least 5 years, no problems.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I know someone who has one. Pretty cheap and not problems with it yet. Just thought I would share and see if anyone has a prolonged experience with one. I will be picking one up this week.

:usa:
had one on the Mamba for two years and was working when I sold it two weeks ago. I changed to a permanent positive/negative fitting and affixed the float charger next to the battery box. I bought a quick connect between the power feed and the charger. Will put one in the ACR soon......

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

. Pretty cheap and not problems with it yet. Just thought I would share and see if anyone has a prolonged experience with one.

I tend to trust the Battery Tender more, because I think that you can depend on the continuity of the design. (Who knows, though.) With the Harbor Freight unit, it might change from month to month as they change suppliers who will give them the cheapest price. Harbor Freight really doesn't have a reputation to uphold, whereas Battery Tender must live or die by their reputation on this one product. Here is a relevant thread:
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...-know-good-battery-tender-winter-storage.html

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to get a 6 pack of these battery tenders. I have 18 things that need to keep the batteries charged in. I keep a charger at every farm because there's always something that wont start.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang