Is this a good Side Sill Insulation?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arly --

This insulation does work. You can't go wrong with any of Sean Roe's products, he really knows Vipers.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking and this seems like a good price. Can anyone chime in on this and tell me if this is a good deal? Can I goto my local auto parts store and get something similar? Thanks.
I sourced this product from its manufacture (its primary use is for kilns and steel furnaces) and can report that it does work a bit - but it is not a dramatic solution to Viper side sill heat. Last week or so someone reported (I think on the Gen III board) via temperature measurements that it helps while running but actually keeps the heat for longer once you turn the car off. Sean does not mark it up much so if you think the price is right just get it from him. I attached mine with safety wire and the spinning safety wire pliers.

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ArlyDude - did you measure the temps on your sills with an IR thermometer? My SRT10 gets close to 200 degrees. I've always heard Gen I/II cars get hotter than Gen IIIs. Have other Gen II owners measured the temps of their sills? Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960