Is this car for real???

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a nice ACR, saphire with silver stripes in the classifieds if you are looking for one.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definately wrong seat belts for an ACR. it does appear that the car has the correct console plaque though. you are correct, that color combo wasnt available for 2002. maybe they dont know what year the car is and removed the ACR belts for more comfortable ones? something isnt right.

Last edited:

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't the ACRs have both regular seatblets and the harness belts? The harness belts could be behind the seats or removed from the car. It looks like a 99 ACR in very nice condition and in some good company. They made a mistake with the listing.

DrDJ

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the pics car guy. Yeah........when I saw it it did not seem right to me as well. I just need to be certain before I make the call.
If anyone else has feed back I would very appreciate it.
Patrick

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
they made acr's in that color, just not in 2002...must be a misprint...ask the guy about the other seat belts too! might be a clone!!!!

ontilt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ACR's have BOTH type of belts!! the 5 point harness is under and behind seat. Also why mess around run the VIN............................

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than the color combo being a 1999 Model year offering, the only thing that I see that seems unusual is that the pictured wheel appears to be polished aluminum. Mine are painted; otherwise, they appear to be the correct BBS wheels used on ACRs only.

Last edited:

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a '99. However I wonder about the seatbelts as previously said the ACR comes with the 5-points as well as regular 3-point belts, and it looks like foglamps are in the front end. The ACR had no foglamps. Overall, car looks amazing. Silver/Blue is one of my favourite colour offerings.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR's did have both sets of belts AND there was a recall on the belts, they may be behind the seats or they may have been removed due to the recall and not replaced. That is a really rare car, only 30 made, do not dismiss it due to the missing belts or the bad listing as to year. Or the added fog lamps, many added them back on. No one is going to clone an acr in that manner. The money to buy the wheels alone would take up the potential profit from the cloning. Have a dealer run the vin and I bet you will be pleasantly surprised..

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR's did have both sets of belts AND there was a recall on the belts, they may be behind the seats or they may have been removed due to the recall and not replaced. That is a really rare car, only 30 made, do not dismiss it due to the missing belts or the bad listing as to year. Or the added fog lamps, many added them back on. No one is going to clone an acr in that manner. The money to buy the wheels alone would take up the potential profit from the cloning. Have a dealer run the vin and I bet you will be pleasantly surprised..
It does not have fog lamps. Look at the pic of the front of it, it just has those black plates inside the holes.

What are they asking for it?

It is a shame they chromed the wheels.

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does not have fog lamps. Look at the pic of the front of it, it just has those black plates inside the holes.

What are they asking for it?

It is a shame they chromed the wheels.

Asking crazy bucks................$ 80K. Now remember, with the dollar the way it is, the US buck and the CDN buck are at par so 80k would be in US currency for comparison purposes.

What would be a good price guys for this car???
Patrick

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Asking crazy bucks................$ 80K. Now remember, with the dollar the way it is, the US buck and the CDN buck are at par so 80k would be in US currency for comparison purposes.

What would be a good price guys for this car???
Patrick
Asking 79.5 Cad or 77.5 USD. It is a 99 and has the belts etc... Mileage is 3900 km.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They made this color combo ACR in 99, they made a bunch of silver GTS cars in 98. By looking at the door panels you can tell that it has the newer style that started in 99.

That was from the Viper Registry here is a link.
International Viper Registry

This car looks very dirty under the hood and all the rust on the rotors tells me that it has been around a good amount of moisture.
USE CAUTION ON THIS ONE!!

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They made this color combo ACR in 99, they made a bunch of silver GTS cars in 98. By looking at the door panels you can tell that it has the newer style that started in 99.

That was from the Viper Registry here is a link.
International Viper Registry

This car looks very dirty under the hood and all the rust on the rotors tells me that it has been around a good amount of moisture.
USE CAUTION ON THIS ONE!!

They could have just washed the car, mine always does that after a wash.

It will also happen when the car and garage are real cold and then you get a warm day and open the garage door, usually happens this time of year, the wheels and rotors will sweat since they are so cold and you have the warm moist air hitting them. I have been debating putting a dehumidifier in the garage for these days but I do not think it will help when I open the door. It is very rare we get a day like that and I will usually try not to open the garage door when it is like this, but of course my wife will always want to bring the trash out and I have to yell at her. :nono: :mad:

I think if it was around a lot of moisture you will see a lot of corrosion on all the aluminum engine and suspension as well as the brake rotors.

Engine does look like it sat for a while though. :dunno:

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They could have just washed the car, mine always does that after a wash.

It will also happen when the car and garage are real cold and then you get a warm day and open the garage door, usually happens this time of year, the wheels and rotors will sweat since they are so cold and you have the warm moist air hitting them. I have been debating putting a dehumidifier in the garage for these days but I do not think it will help when I open the door. It is very rare we get a day like that and I will usually try not to open the garage door when it is like this, but of course my wife will always want to bring the trash out and I have to yell at her. :nono: :mad:

I think if it was around a lot of moisture you will see a lot of corrosion on all the aluminum engine and suspension as well as the brake rotors.

Engine does look like it sat for a while though. :dunno:

Hmmmmm......1999 Now. Don't know if it was intentionally listed as a 2002 or and error. You guys are the best !!
Thanks
Patrick

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USE CAUTION ON THIS ONE!![/quote]

OMG !!! What kind of Viper owner would not detail the engine compartment on a regular basis ???? :omg:

The other things that I did see after looking at the engine bay photos is that there are aftermarket filters rather than the stock airbox, and a couple of crankcase breather filters on the front of the valve covers. No big deal, IMHO.

Just get it checked out like you should on any car purchase. It should get all fluids changed and probably needs new tires due to age rather than wear.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960