Is this the 2008 Silver Roadster, 1 made? Sold on eBay

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had noticed a while ago that there was only 1 silver roadster made in 2008, labeled 'special'. I really don't know the story behind this car. Well, it went on eBay on Saturday night, and was sold in less than a half hour. So I guess someone knew what it was.

The paint code is P99, not the usual PA9 for bright silver. I looked up the VIN, it is indeed a 2008, not a fake.

You must be registered for see images attach

So what is the details on this car's existence? Couldn't find any info using search.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that to and realized it must be rare. The 08 production chart says only one made so Im betting that was it.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color shows up as P99(custom) the car has a Graphite bezel and Nav as options. looks like a 1 of 1

nice car

Bruce

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that car was in an accident.

Possibly, there is no accident report on Autocheck, but I wouldn't report it either. Just fix it yourself. Front end was repainted they say. However, given the 1 of 1 Silver color, I would let that go since there are no other ones to choose from.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
So how can you tell the difference?. Apart from looking up the paint code. It looks just like every other silver vert out there.

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the lone Silver Roadster in the production chart.... you can see how rare it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They made 5 all silver roadsters in 2010 and not sure how many in 2009.
As Shooter said they all look alike so I wouldn't see paying any premium for it?

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were no silver roadsters in 2009 and 5 made in 2010 according to the VCA magazine and other online sources.

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were no silver roadsters in 2009 and 5 made in 2010 according to the VCA magazine and other online sources.

I was not aware they made any Bright Silver roadsters in 2010. Gotta find that 2010 figures somewhere.... But if there were 5, then yes, whatever value there was in the unique P99 color becomes a little suspect.

F

FrgMstr

Whoever was selling that car for that cheap must have really needed the money or wanted a fast sale for some reason. Surely it is worth more than it brought on eBay.

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever was selling that car for that cheap must have really needed the money or wanted a fast sale for some reason. Surely it is worth more than it brought on eBay.

Well, as FastMD stated, this car had some damage, as stated on eBay: "car has had previous paintwork on hood, front bumper and fenders"

New seller is not mentioning that because there is no accident report. I thought $59,995 was a good price considering the damage, then offset with the low miles. However, for $69,900, not so sure. But as always, there is no 'right price' on cars like this.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exotic motors also bought the 08 orange ACR on ebay that had the previous damage history and was hiding it at first then when called on it the ebay seller started listing it as previous repair and of course it wouldnt sell after that. So exotic motors bought that one for $62k and now listing it for $79k and of course they dont mention the previous damage!!!!! Exotic Motors know these cars have a damaged history but plainly do not list that info even though they used that fact as a way to get them cheap. I would NEVER buy a car from Exotic Motors!!!