Is this the end of Tator Dodge and others like him?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we all know Chuck's certainly got aLOT of backing here on the VCA site, and with many, many, many satisfied customers/vendors. I fervently hope that Tator's Dodge is spared any buyouts and like CODY, if there's anything we can all do, we're in!! There is nobody else like him, and we are SO lucky to have him as our Viper Tech here in NY State. Go Wizard! ~juli~

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck T would be a success in anything he does and he would do well no matter what big brother C does or doesn't do to him.

All our best Chuck no matter what happens to Chrysler.

:usa: :rock: :usa:

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck is the dealer that I bought my Viper from and I will support him till the end. Chrysler should take note of how he runs his operation. If more dealerships were like his, they wouldn't be in trouble.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They closed the Dodge dealer in my area (Harrisburg) Brenner Dodge. They did this a few months ago.

Bolt

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think guys like Tator and Woodhouse are safe. I know them better than I know the dealers in my own area. My next purchase will be from Tator or Woodhouse.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
except for parts discounts im not understanding why tator realy needs chrysler....i guess warranty work helps. but im going to use him regardless of what chrysler says

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my Viper locally,before I knew of Tator's or Woodhouse. My next Viper would come from one of them because of all the feedback from all of you. So Im sure that their great dealings go beyond Viper owners. Im sure the Neon, Magnum, Truck owners etc that have bought from these dealers will continue to purchase from them in the future. So I personally think and hope these dealers are safe.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As one that works in the auto biz, I can tell you that this is not "new" with Chrysler. For years they have wanted each dealer to be all things DC...Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. They frowned upon any single marque store.

That said, thanks to franchise contracts...DC can't simply pull your franchise and leave you. They must buy you out. If you have good CSI, etc...it makes you that much more valuable.

While I bought my current Viper from Bill P, and cannot say enough good about him....I too think the world of Chuck Tator. I have never had a better service experience with any dealer or any vehicle I have owned.

I think the Wizard is one sharp dude and DC isn't going to get away with much there.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been going on for years and will continue to. There are far too many dealers in North America. There could easily be half the number.

I think the preferred route is to have dealers buy up others dealers creating dealer groups and the dealer groups themselves closing locations.

There will always be niche profitable dealers out there, but at the same time, there has to be a rationalization in the industry.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that even if Cerberus/Chrysler bought out Chuck's franchise, he has a secure future in the Viper market providing the world-class service/support that he's known for.

If there were to be a "Tator Motorsports" or a "Tator Performance Industries", I think it would do just fine.

Ah, the speculation.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They closed the Dodge dealer in my area (Harrisburg) Brenner Dodge. They did this a few months ago.

Bolt

That was because Brenner sucked and was poorly managed....I stopped buying and getting service there long before they went under

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tator's is the first Dodge dealer ever.I believe he has a signed franchise from Horace and Wilbur Dodge.Definately a historic site in the sense that it sould be part of the living Chrysler museum as the beginning of Dodge and later Walter Chrysler. GTS Bruce

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that even if Cerberus/Chrysler bought out Chuck's franchise, he has a secure future in the Viper market providing the world-class service/support that he's known for.

i agree, he has enough clientel to be with dodge or be independant.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235