1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS this TOO AGRESSIVE looking for a VIPER?

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by GTS-R 001, Oct 20, 2007.

1. AFL in NJ

AFL in NJ Enthusiast

All that venting and Ram Air effect will be great for performance, whether it's naturally aspirated or blown in some fashion....Great Hood!

Regards,
    Aaron

2. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

hood looks great, just doesn't match that particular car well. On a black coupe, I'd mask off the vents and leave those cf and paint the rest black.

3. steponz

steponz Enthusiast

Can you photoshop those pics in yellow???

With my iforged.. I think the cf look would look sweet...

I really don't think red is a good color to mix with cf... Just doesn't look right
    for some reason...

The design of the hood looks perfect in my book....

Is the cf quality??? How are the lines???? Does it come with mesh inserts???

Joe

4. DocAdam

DocAdam Viper Owner

I think it depends, if that is the only thing done to the car then no. However, with a nice set of aftermarket wheels, lowered on Motons and you have a different answer. Even opn a black car I would paint the hood.

5. texas_venom

texas_venom Enthusiast

Yeha if you had a CF decklid then it would look great. Or even the CF speedster cover. I am thinking of the same hood and cover on my red 04 vert. If you like it, go for it.

6. sween

sween Enthusiast

it needs wheels, and to be lowered. a wing would be way too much on a vert. hood looks nice though

7. Blue Batmobile

Blue Batmobile Viper Owner

That hood is the Shizznit...

Batâ„¢

8. Shandon

Shandon Enthusiast

I like it personally but if I would be in LOVE with it if it would help Roe get his SUPERCHARGER under the hood for the GENIII !!!!

9. Venomiss

Venomiss Guest

Needs to be on a yellow or silver car. ;)

10. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Enthusiast

Bumping up a really old thread. But does anyone have pictures of this carbon fiber hood painted red on the sides with the center section (hood scoop area) left to show off the carbon fiber?

11. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Johnny, you might want to PM Andy Wheeler (Flatout) and ask him for some closer pictures? He's running the Vipair hood and coupe decklid in CF, with 'smoke tinted clear coat' on the decklid and scoop only. His car looks Great IMHO :headbang:

Here's a couple shots, but I don't think you can see the CF hood scope very well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Enthusiast

Yea I seen pictures of his car but I was hoping to see something without the ACR theme paint job. Just all red and carbon fiber showing on the scoop.

13. 01sapphirebob

01sapphirebob Enthusiast

How about this? Not red but...No not even close to red. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Enthusiast

Looks cool. How do you like it? My main reason why I'm asking is because I don't want it to look too "ricey".

15. VYPR BYT 94

VYPR BYT 94 Enthusiast

No worries. Bob's car is tastefully done... up close and in person is beautiful. I love his car and the new hood looks even better.

16. agdetail

agdetail Enthusiast

hey steve is the regular hood your selling 40+ pounds? how about the one with just the top carbon fiber?

17. 01sapphirebob

01sapphirebob Enthusiast

I like it. I got the two sided version. SSG and Carbon Fiber seem to go hand and hand. Ricey...NOT :D I'm thinking about doing a trunk lid as well.

Thanks Mike!1

18. PeterMJ

PeterMJ Enthusiast

Actually, at least IMO, carbon fiber looks the best on graphite, it is actually amazing how well these two go together. I know because this is the color of mine and I am not an exposed CF fan but making exception this time. To answer your question, it is not too aggressive at all, however, the sharp edges of the bump clash a lot with the smoother edges and shapes Viper has. If you rounded off the bump more, it would look way better on the viper. My personal opinion only.

19. beerly

beerly Enthusiast

Steve, could you photoshop the above picture with just the center raised part of the hood in CF (like 01sapphirebob's) and the rest black? I've been wanting to do that on mine. I like the all black with just a hint of CF.

20. HobokenViper

HobokenViper Enthusiast

Appreciate the quality of it, but just not my personal taste. I agree with a few others on here that it looks like a RICE car with the carbon hood with exaggerated air vents and hood scoop. The Gen IV hood is about as aggressive as they come IMO, just don't see the need to make the vents and air intake look cartoonishly big. Now give me a carbon hood in the factory Gen IV style with a matching factory paint job (carbon finish on the inside) and then we could have something to talk about!!!

21. GTS-R 001

GTS-R 001 Enthusiast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. PeterMJ

PeterMJ Enthusiast

Nice on graphite. Do you make yours stuff in plain weave as well?

23. GTS-R 001

GTS-R 001 Enthusiast

DEfinitely can, If you are still trying to get a twill front lip, I have one here

24. sharky

sharky Enthusiast

Other than the material they are made out of, are there any other differences between the two hoods you have on your website? I'm not enquiring about the pin secured hood, but the other ones. I note you mention this will fit directly onto the Gen III air intake. Am I correct in that and will I have to get any of the other rubber hood seals normally recommended when switching to a Gen IV hood? Do you have these in stock right now?

Aaron

25. VYPR BYT 94

VYPR BYT 94 Enthusiast

Wow, you seriously need to get a patent on this paint code. :chairfall:
    I wish it were real cuz it's better than any copper/orange paint I've seen.

[​IMG]

really shows off a cars curves!