It's Done!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: It\'s Done!

Great numbers! Looks like great hp/tq curves!
Although I can't see every rpm with the overlay of the peak numbers, it does seem like the A/F ratio is a little on the lean side. I know on my stroker engine, at WOT the A/F was never above 13.0:1, even at 2200 rpms. It actually started at around 13:1 and ended up at around 12.2-12.5:1 at higher rpms which I thought it fine for a naturally aspirated setup.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
S

schorvitz

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Still got the ferrari?

Dumped that piece of crap after 7 months. Wanted one for years, got it and then realized I had just bought a $120,000 lemon. Could have made a ton of lemonade, but decided to go with real power and switched to Vipers :)

OP
OP
S

schorvitz

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Great numbers! Looks like great hp/tq curves!
Although I can't see every rpm with the overlay of the peak numbers, it does seem like the A/F ratio is a little on the lean side. I know on my stroker engine, at WOT the A/F was never above 13.0:1, even at 2200 rpms. It actually started at around 13:1 and ended up at around 12.2-12.5:1 at higher rpms which I thought it fine for a naturally aspirated setup.

Enjoy!

I agree. I voiced that same concern with Larry. Funny thing though, I got an error code stating my right bank was running too rich! I've adjusted the VEC1 on the car and have not gotten any error code since. Will do another dyno soon. Just want to break everything in before hand. I've already had some gremlins pop up that have required my attention to get the car road worthy again ;)

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd check into it. You could have got the rich code at startup depending on where the O2s are located or at other times during the tuning process or at different rpms. It's one of those codes that requires your PCM to be cleared. If it were me, I would not be doing at WOT runs until the A/F is under at least 13.2:1.

Enjoy the new power!!
-Wayne

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If the a/f ratio was measured with a tailpipe (or in your case sidepipe) sensor the car is actually running somewhat richer than those numbers because it was measured after the cats.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RedGTS:

If the a/f ratio was measured with a tailpipe (or in your case sidepipe) sensor the car is actually running somewhat richer than those numbers because it was measured after the cats.

--------------------
Ronnie
Hold on, think this over, a rich condition will show low relative oxygen levels in the exhaust. The cat molecularly changes the pollutants in the exhaust. I believe in the process it reduces the free oxygen thru recombination, therefore, the a/f after the cat has had the oxygen reduced (richer), thus showing an a/f that is actually richer than actual.

Does that silly science make sense.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jack, I don't have a clue whether it makes sense or not. :)
I've always been told that the cat burns fuel that made it through the engine unburned and therefore a tailpipe sensor shows a leaner mixture than a **** in the header ahead of the cat. Let us know if you find out what the deal is.