Its officially slammed!!!!!!! (dialup beware)

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the car looks great, but I like mine in the weeds. (pssst, make the wheels black ;) )

In regards to the spring rates, that is just CRAZY. 900lb in THE FRONT?

Maybe something is very different on the GTS, but those rates are way off. I understand the 700 rears for a drag car, but on something that low?

I won't say it's totally wrong (maybe they are onto something?) but I would definitely be calling and asking around. West Coast viper is big into track cars, see what they think.

Do keep us updated on what you find.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. Perfect height. IMO Vipers have terrible wheel gap from the factory. They need to be lowered to look aggressive.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It's so low, it looks photoshopped. Wow! :eek: I'd say it's half an inch lower than my gts, and I'm already scraping the back of cockroaches. :D

Call Ted May at Valaya Racing (tel: 408-297-1990). He's got these aluminum skids that mount under your car that takes the brunt of the scrapes. When I see-saw a speed bump, I feel pretty confident gassing it. The noise it makes sounds ugly, but it's the skids and not your frame getting munched.

Let me know when you get bored of your snake in a couple years... I'd be first in line to take it off your hands. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
on another thread some people say that the lesser lbs springs go up front but I spoke a tech and then to the vp (both)at eibach and he said its the other way around

so i went with 900 lbs springs in the front and 700 in the back.

any feedback

I have alot of respect for DC performance but the people that manfacture these can't be wrong right?

vd..

oh thanks for all the kind words I got carried away with the pics.

Also I still need to find where I can buy better mounts. I know it will sound bad but I used zip ties for the cannisters, their pretty light.

wow!!! i can't believe what i am reading here!! you say you put 900 lb springs in the front and 700 lb springs in the rear! sorry to break the news to you but you got that backwards. i bet this coupled with a car that is lowered to low is just an accident waitin to happen. you hit a bump just right in a turn with all that power you have coupled with those ultra low profile tires and you are gonna put that rig right into a ditch. do yourself a favor and get some track time in a viper that is setup properly for road racing and you will see what good handling is all about.

sorry to be so blunt with my advice but it just might save your life. the way your cars suspension is setup is dangerous.

FREDDY THANK YOU!!!!!!! YOU WERE RIGHT. I am getting a fix right now!!!

will start a seperate thread about this.

thanks bro!!!!! also I have great respect for people that can speak their minds!!!!

vd.. :headbang:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frankly i am just as surprised as D that the heavier springs go in the back. interesting. then again I am no Viper expert.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome! I am getting my 911 turbo lowered I love the way a car looks low. My VCA Viper has Motons just not that low.

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
here are sdome better pics of the car now that its 700 front and 900 rear (thanks to all the guys that chimed in and saw the error)

also the are clearer pics

vd..

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think mine is just as low if not lower. I had to have it towed the order day, all i can say is WOW it took forever to get it on a flatbed. Make sure the tow truck driver has some wood to use for ramps if you ever need to towed. The rear diffuser scrapped on the parking lot and actually left scrape marks 1 foot long. Surprisingly, the diffusers are fine though.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great man.

But really, why are you guys so shocked the stiffer springs go in the rear? Weight bias and transfer generally require stiffer rear springs.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more weight in the front that is whe the 900 lb spring is in the front.

except no, you are totally and absolutely wrong. EVERY viper, from the factory comes with rear springs that are MUCH stiffer than the fronts. Ranging from 400f/700r to 500f/1100r

please stop spreading crap if you don't know. :bonker:

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HERE IS THE B/F

AND THE AFTER

VD..

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I've decided it looks good in the pics, would be interested in seeing in person. Can't see myself doing such though, would bound to scrub somewhere!

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really is good looking VD. I am green with "in the weeds" envy since I can't do it to mine and bring it up my driveway. Just be careful not to highside on speed bumps.

Even more embarrassing is when you think you're really cool cruisin' in your bad *** bike and it gets highsided and everyone looks to see where all that metal screeching is coming from and I'm there trying to push it off in either direction...then it takes three guys to push it back off (how many to push a Viper?)! Still looks cool though and the poser in me says that's all that counts. :2tu:

Enjoy,
Larry

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
update

the finishing touches

Sorry for the bad pics, they were taken with my camera phone.

vd..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang