It's thank you time again...

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It\'s thank you time again...

Big thanks to Jason Heffner, John and TJ (and Shawn) for building me the baddest street car on the planet.

In five months, you built a car that ran 9.56 at 155 on it's first outing, ripped it apart, and built an even more wicked car. Who else would do that? No one. Everyone else would have waxed it, put it in the trailer and waited for the race. There was plenty left in that combo but we decided we wanted something nastier and man did you deliver.

This car ran 9.07 at 166 on its second pass, 8.88 at 163 on its 5th pass (in swamp heat) and 8.75 at 168 on its 8th pass (spread over 3 outings which is even more difficult). That is rediculous, more than I could have hoped for and exactly what I wanted. Folks, why would you go anywhere else if you are looking for a professional that delivers proven results quickly. Jason is building TT's in three weeks now!

And in case you didn't notice, they stand up to the riggors of racing just fine That car was flawless all day and even ran cool with brief time between rounds. At more than 1500 horse mind you.

In order to deliver the knock-out puch, you enlisted your friend and super-tuner Job from Turbo People to make sure we had a fast, safe tune. For those that don't know, Turbo People builds and tunes many of the record breaking racecars around the country and have been dominating racetracks for years. Even more impressive, Job came to the track to help us dial it in and the rest is history, until we write an even faster chapter. Thank you Job for giving us a day of your unbelievably busy schedule to put the exclamation point on the event.

After the race, we threw on the ACR wheels and I drove to Applebees to meet the group for dinner, jamming the stereo! Even though you offered, I left the race tune in the computer because I was just going to run it on the highway to the restaurant. But, I figured I'd give it a little poke from a roll. At 60 mph in fifth, bogging the motor, I slowly rolled into the throttle. Before I got the pedal down halfway, the big Drag Radials incinerated and the tach pegged! The car went perfectly straight but roasted the tires at part throttle! I guess 1500+ horse is a bit much on radials

And for those that are curious, Heffner is taking the car back with him because we feel there is a lot left in it. No rest for the wicked this off-season.

Big thank you to Gary Almond as well for bringing the car to Heffners, down for the race and back to Heffners without any issues (of course). You are the only guy that will ever transport my cars. Thanks buddy.

So there you have it, the team that made the records obtainable and the guys that made me look good. You have seen the video, my car looks less eventful than some of the 11 second cars, because these guys are racers and know how to setup a car and get the most from a combination.

Thanks again Jason, Job, John, TJ and Gary, you're the best (literally)!

Chad

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: It\'s thank you time again...

Chad, great job this weekend! :2tu:
It was nice to meet you and watch you and the Heffner Crew, Shatter your own record again!

I think you need to post some pictures of the interior of your car, your rear speaker box etc, so people can appreciate even more what type of street car you are running 169mph down the 1/4!

Congrats again!

OP
OP
C

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Casey, it was good to meet you and your brothers.

Chad

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chad,

Thanks for the props! Transporting your car was the least I could do to help out. As you know, Jason and I have chased Viper records together for a few years and I'm glad to see that another one of his creations not only beat some records, but let everybody in the performance world know who builds (and drives) the baddest street car on the planet. You guys have advanced the sport for all of us.

I had a great time and the hospitality that you and your wife showed us was incredible. You're a generous person who deserves everything you got this week. I'm sure we'll see even more incredible results in the weeks to come.

Again, thank you!

OP
OP
C

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You're more than welcome Gary. I really enjoyed getting to know you and the entire Heffner team better and had a blast!

Chad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas