i've joined the club.... just bought a 94 RT10!!

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i\'ve joined the club.... just bought a 94 RT10!!

hey guys! I just paid for a 94 yellow RT-10!! It's down in Ft Lauderdale and I'm in philly, and I dont' have the time to pick it up for another month, but I'm EXCITED!! :headbang: Just wanted to thank everyone who helped out, including Len, Vipertech down in San Antonio and a GREAT guy; Chuck Tator, always helpful and cheerful; Ivan **, for his help and advice from down in S.Florida; and Mark Leslie, service manager VERY knowledgeable about Vipers, over at Hollywood Chrysler.... and everyone else.
Thanks!!! Any advice for a NEW viper owner?!?
... still can't believe it. :shocked:

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: i\'ve joined the club.... just bought a 94 RT10!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only advice would be to drive it as much as possible. :)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

From one PaulH to another, congratulations on your new viper.

Best advice is to take it easy, and get used to the power. Never put the throttle all the way down unless you are pointed in a straight line, and your attention is focused.

Good idea to take it to an experienced ViperTech to be completely checked out, and a fluids check. Make sure your tires are not too old.

Next join VCA, (see membership above) and get acquainted with your local ViperClub. Lots of great Viper owners who will be glad to discuss your new car, and give you lots of insight.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Paul,
Welcome to the club! One piece of advice- as you are a new owner, don't get cute with the gas pedal on your way back to Philly- I don't want you wrecking the car before I get a chance to see it. :)

Oh, and post some pics!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Another 94 RT/10!! By far the best year and style in my humble opinion. Welcome to the club your life will never, ever, be the same again. Like people said, take it easy with the gas until you know what she can do. We want pics when you pick it up.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here are the answers to the questions you will be asked at every gas station.
1. If you have to ask you can't afford it.
2. It will go over 300 MPH.
3. Those are speakers, the car goes too fast to hear the inside ones.

Enjoy it!

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats Paul! :headbang:

94 is a great year..gotta love the sidepipes :laugh:

heres a recent pic of mine

6061DSC08099.JPG

and my father has a yellow one like you, here are some pics i took of it in the fall..

6061pic2.jpg

6061pic3.jpg

Post some pics of yours when you get it!

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats on the new ride. I bought a '94 a couple of months ago and of all the cars I own it's by far the most fun to drive.

One word of advice......make sure the wheels are pointed straight ahead before stepping on the gas.

OP
OP
P

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks for all the replies!!
Before purchasing, I already got it checked out by a highly recommended Vipertech, who gave me the thumbs up!! It's my first used car purchase, so I'm a little anxious, but I feel better knowing that it was checked out.
and i'll definitely be easy on the throttle until i'm used to the car... i definitely can't afford to crash!! :)
oh, and i'll definitely post pictures once i pick her up!! I just hope she's even half as clean as your guys' cars... how do you guys do it??

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Congratulations PaulH. Now, make sure you put new tires on your snake if it doesn’t already have them - or something close to new - and be sure to get your tires balance matched! It makes a huge difference! Trust me.

Stay cool on the go juice. Take the time to learn how your snake handles. A friend of mine recently purchased a 95 RT/10 with 1400 miles on it. Wrapped it around a tree three weeks later. Car was totaled with over $65k in damages!

Other than this, I suggest you drive!!!! :headbang:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Congrats! Now post some pics. Are the tires still stock? If so replace them before you drive it - else refer to tarfungo's post!

Good luck - and let the mods begin.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

Congrads, New rubber should be the first mod, even if the tread looks good, they are old and hard. Good Luck !!

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats and nice choice in year and color!!

You'll have to get up with the central PA gang.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome, and nice ride, man you and your pops have the Viper thing going on, that has got to be fantastic, I think after I buy the new SRT/10 coupe I will be in the market for a 94/95 RT/10, they are like first loves to me. You and your dad enjoy the rides and the memories you are making......

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you don't mind posting...can you give a figure on what you paid? Milage? Just trying to keep a finger on the pulse of the market....

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paul!!...congrats!!!!...glad ya finally got what ya was lookin for!!...jus take it easy till ya get used to it!!...if ya need anything else give me a call...you have my number!!.. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32