jacking up my 94

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do i need to buy a low profile jack to raise up my car? to change the oil, grease it,clean it up??? thanks :dunno:

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
were can i find one and is there anything else i need to know or are they all the same? thanks

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks alot i do have a local harbor freight and will go tomorrow for $100 great invetment. :rock: thanks for the info

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do - but there are 4 jack points under the side sills. The frame rails in the back are real easy to get at too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i also have a local autozone i will check out both stores and purchase the one i like best thanks

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do i need to buy a low profile jack to raise up my car? to change the oil, grease it,clean it up??? thanks :dunno:

You have a free jack in your trunk. You can use that jack to get it to the point where you can get a real jack in. Otherwise, if you drive the front over some wood, you will likely be able to get your regular jack under the car.

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^^^ I'm with stupid. If I remeber I will drive onto some wood or else I will get out the stock jack and get it to a point where I can get a regular in. A buddy of mine bought a low profile jack from walmart for $50. I haven't checked into it though.

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went to two auto zones either one stocked the jack. shot over to harbor freight not only did they have them they were on sale for $79. well i have go and clean under my now thanks for all feedback. timbob

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went to two auto zones either one stocked the jack. shot over to harbor freight not only did they have them they were on sale for $79. well i have go and clean under my now thanks for all feedback. timbob

You bought jackstands as well, right? It is not safe to only rely on the jack to support the car. If the jack fails, the car falls and you become a grease stain :nono:

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do i jack it up with the floor jack in 4 spots just behind the front tire put a stand than opposite side than just in front of rear tires????? as shown in fig 2 above. all confused

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jack in in the middle front as show with jack , place jack stands on each side to balance. then do rear. is that what your asking?

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes thats what i was asking i got the right jack from harbor freight but its still not low enough to fit under the car i feel like an idoit....

R

RTED

Place a couple of one foot long 2" x 12" pieces of wood in front of you tires and drive the car on top of the wood and stop. You should have plenty of extra clearance.:2tu:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check the height of stands, may not fit where you plan on putting them

the frames are so stiff on these cars, you can lift an entire side just by jacking at 1 of the jack points

jack one side, place stand, then the jack the other side, or go to a center jack point lift then place 2nd stand

give it a try, will make sense once you start

peace

p.s. you bought the right jack, to reach the center you need a long and low jack, or drive up on 2x12's 1st

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62